Brewer Fanatic

8/8/07 - Brewers (Gallardo) @ Rockies (Francis) - 2:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the radio, Jim just mentioned what I was going to say. When the Brewers got no-hit, they were EMBARASSED. Obviously (as I haven't been listening too long to the game, thank God), 17-3 (or worse) is an embarassment. After they were no-hit, they manned up and really played well and went on a winning streak. I sure hope this is the case again for them. It can't get much worse...can it?

"Hitting rock bottom is not a weekend retreat"

- Tyler Durden

Closed-door players-only meeting is on the docket I presume. Astros are swept. Count it.

Aside from distracting the media from the Zambrano-Barrett debacle, the glory of Lou P's tirade was he enabled himself to watch the team, let them play. Yost needs a suspension or some bereavement... the word micromanagement creeps into mind.

I thought I would join the party.

Scoring Summary

Bot 1st: Colorado

- G. Atkins doubled to deep right, K. Matsui scored, T. Helton to third

Bot 2nd: Colorado

- R. Spilborghs homered to deep left center

- M. Holliday tripled to deep left center, K. Matsui and T. Tulowitzki scored

- T. Helton doubled to deep left, M. Holliday scored

- G. Atkins singled to left, T. Helton scored, G. Atkins to second advancing on throw

- B. Hawpe homered to deep center, G. Atkins scored

Bot 3rd: Colorado

- K. Matsui singled to left, Y. Torrealba scored

- G. Atkins singled to center, K. Matsui and T. Tulowitzki scored, M. Holliday to third

Top 4th: Milwaukee

- P. Fielder homered to deep left, R. Braun scored

Bot 4th: Colorado

- Y. Torrealba doubled to deep left, R. Spilborghs scored

- K. Matsui grounded into fielder's choice, Y. Torrealba scored, J. Francis out at second

- T. Tulowitzki homered to deep left, K. Matsui scored

- G. Atkins doubled to deep right center, M. Holliday scored

Top 5th: Milwaukee

- C. Hart doubled to deep left, J. Dillon scored, D. Miller to third

Bot 6th: Colorado

- G. Atkins hit sacrifice fly to deep center, T. Tulowitzki scored

Bot 7th: Colorado

- T. Tulowitzki singled to center, R. Spilborghs scored, Y. Torrealba to third, K. Matsui to second

- J. Baker singled to left, Y. Torrealba scored, K. Matsui to third, T. Tulowitzki to second

Top 8th: Milwaukee

- R. Braun singled to center, J.J. Hardy scored

Wow. Glad I missed this one.

Oh well. If you're going to lose, might as well get your money's worth. As long as this doesn't count as two losses in the standings, it's almost preferable to another "lead then collapse" effort. Just too bad Ned had to murder the bullpen to get through this one.

All in all, I think that went pretty well.

I didn't see the game, I didn't hear the game. I overheard the score and chuckled. This is day one of my break from the team. I need some "mental time off".

Your 2007 Milwaukee Brewers: It's baseball like this that will make you an alcoholic!

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Thank goodness I missed this one. I had a great day. I really feel for Uke. It must be agonizing to travel with this team right now. What with the pitching staff beat into the ground, the lousy hitting slump, and Prince now showing glimmers Gary Sheffielditis.

Amazing how the Astros suddenly have the Cubs' number. Thank you Phil Garner for another day in first place.

Well, looks like we'll see Rickie again tomorrow. I hope he has it figured out. Would be nice to turn this road trip around and get a little separation on Chicago.

http://www.wordplay.com/wordplay/books/0919519334.gif

Another day, another disheartening loss, yet another improbable change in the magic number.

We spent part of the afternoon at MP (finally found that designated landing spot for Aaron's 755th HR), and then at the Milwaukee County Historical Society's exhibit on the '57 Braves and the '82 Brewers. (This is similar to, but separate from the exhibit in Madison.) We then snapped right back to real life upon turning on the radio.

Remember, everyone: now we root *for* Colorado and *against* Houston. Mental whiplash time again.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived