Brewer Fanatic

8/8/07 - Brewers (Gallardo) @ Rockies (Francis) - 2:05pm CT

sgtcluels

Come on, only three more runs until the Pays Big 21! ... Except then it would have to stay that way for another 4+ frames.

Yes, hoping that someone wins the Pays Big 21 is my only joy today.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now I just wish the Brewers could do this to a team once in a while.. like a 20-2 win. wouldnt that be sweet

and Powell is reporting that Hirsh beat the Brewers yesterday with a broken leg yesterday.

and Hawpe just walked too

Seriously, I was not on the 'Fire Ned" bandwagon, but this might be it. How about showing some emotion when your team is getting kicked around? Three game sweep in Colorado....the last road series win? At Detroit June 12-14. Ned, please have a team meeting and right this ship. Otherwise I have two words from the whole state of Wisconsin: FOOTBALL SEASON!

Holy ravioli, I'd turned it off for a while and come back to find the hole has gotten bigger and the mess has gotten hotter

Every team always has one or two instances of being on the bad end of an absoloute laugher each year but the timing and cast of characters for this one is pretty disheartening

Embarrassing. Today I'm embarrassed to be a Brewers fan. I never thought that rooting for a first place Brewers team would be so frustrating-agonizing-displeasing to me. They sure don't play like a first place team and soon WILL NOT be a first place team. Thank you Alfonso Soriano for....prolonging the inevitable that awaits in second place.

I'm not really sure the players or coaches need to be fired up. They can just look at the scoreboard and feel embarrassed, which I'm sure they all do. I'm no professional athlete, but I'd assume that the team is upset with itself enough as it is for getting blown out like this.

Ok, here's what I don't get, it's 8-0 after two and one would think they'ed like to keep Yo off of double digits, so one would have figured he's done. At this point you aren't figuring on a ninth so 6 innings need to be filled. T-Bow 7th, CoCo 8th actually makes sense since they haven't pitched since Sunday and won't pitch tomorrow or Monday. That leaves Wise, Linebrink, Parra, Shouse, Spurling and Villanueva to cover 4 innings, likely one inning at a time. Villy is the last guy one would throw out there because he's thrown a ton in relief this year and he's really fallen off.

So what happens, Yost lets Colorado complete the defenstration of Yo (big confidence test in his next start), then brings in Villy who needs days off FAR more than he needs work at this point of the year. http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eyes.gif

Archived