Brewer Fanatic

8/8/07 - Brewers (Gallardo) @ Rockies (Francis) - 2:05pm CT

sgtcluels

gez, if this was a home game, Id hate to hear the fans boo, Prince might get a little upset again

At the rate the Rockies are scoring runs, why the H on earth do you leave Gallardo out there that long. Yea it might get is confidence down, but I mean there just killing him, why wouldn't Yost put someone else in, to TRY To keep us semi in the game. Id rather have an 8-0 defecit, rather than a 11-0 drop hole.

Other than yovanni being a Rookie which he is, prone to these starts, do you think his pitches just arnt' working because of the Climate up there and well known Coors Field. Hes as far as I can recall never pitched there before.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got to say i've always thought Nedly did a decent job as manager, but to leave one of your top young pitchers in the game to take a beating like that is unacceptable. Yo seems to have a pretty thick skin, but who knows how this could affect him. And wasn't he on an innings count this year? just get him out of the game you idiot!! And bringing in Villanueva, who seems to pitch everyday is beyond ridiculous. the guy is obviously tired from having to pitch for his first time for a full year in the big leagues.

For the first time i'm agreeing with most of the fans. Please fire Ned Yost!

You must have missed the 2002 season, the Royster era, the Lopes era, the later years of Garner, the Selig promise to have a competitive squad when Miller Park opened, the Dean Taylor signing of Jeffrey Hammonds....

Look, they had a bad series. The team is not playing well right now. Hyperbole should be reserved for the vent thread.

(Smart alek remark edited out. Won't take anger out on fellow BF.netters. Sorry)

It's embarrassing because this team is playing on the same level now as those teams from 2002, etc.

Doesn't anyone else feel that's unacceptable?

I get the feeling if Ned would've taken out Yo earlier than he did, people would be complaining about how he's wasting the bullpen again. Either way, someone's going to get on him for his decision. I can't really blame him for trying to get as much innings out of the starters in this series as he can, since the bullpen was pretty much running on empty towards the end of the homestand. It would've been nice to see the starters in this series go a little longer so the Brewers would have some semblance of a bullpen in Houston, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

At least another series starts tomorrow, and getting spanked like this wakes the team up. The Brewers miss Oswalt in the Houston series, so at least they caught a break there.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Yovanni's Line Today:::

2.2IP, 12Hits, 11ER

80 Pitches. 48 Strikes. 3BB, 1K, 2HR

Ground Outs - Fly Outs : 2-5

I think it just has to do with Coors field being Coors field. Hes never pitched there before so he might not know how to handle his pitches and what not up there.

My God, why in the hell is Carlos V still in this game. Is Ned the jerk-off trying to ruin his career in one season? Man, HE NEEDS TO GO!!
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

crewcrazy wrote:
I get the feeling if Ned would've taken out Yo earlier than he did, people would be complaining about how he's wasting the bullpen again. Either way, someone's going to get on him for his decision. I can't really blame him for trying to get as much innings out of the starters in this series as he can, since the bullpen was pretty much running on empty towards the end of the homestand. It would've been nice to see the starters in this series go a little longer so the Brewers would have some semblance of a bullpen in Houston, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

At least another series starts tomorrow, and getting spanked like this wakes the team up. The Brewers miss Oswalt in the Houston series, so at least they caught a break there.

Are you serious? I dont know one person that thinks it would be smart to leave your 21 year old future ace in there to get spanked around. He obviously didnt have it today. Sure the bullpen has been over worked but they have off tomorrow and Monday. Also, why not bring Wise for about 3 or 4 innings today. If he continues to suck, who cares, but maybe he could work his way back. But yet we bring in Villanueva who has been overworked the way it is.http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/580606

At this moment, I have never been more EMBARRASSED to be a Brewer fan.

You must have missed the 2002 season, the Royster era, the Lopes era, the later years of Garner, the Selig promise to have a competitive squad when Miller Park opened, the Dean Taylor signing of Jeffrey Hammonds....

Look, they had a bad series. The team is not playing well right now. Hyperbole should be reserved for the vent thread.

QFT.

It's nowhere near as embarrassing as most of the years of the Brewers existence. Disappointing, sure.

At this point, I'm not even mad...I'm just interested to see how bad this gets. This is definitely like a 15 car pile up on the freeway that you can't just look away from. I just hope that the Rockies stay this hot over the weekend...jeez.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Ooh Mat Wise in the 4th Inning of the Game. This game is pretty much wasted anyways. Thats kinda actually funny to see him so early in a game. Maybe Wise can figure things out, if not, its not like a 25-2 loss is that big of a deal.

The way the pitching staff has been performing over the past week or so, I would think that Mark A. might go ahead and purchase a bionic finger to fuse onto Ben Sheets, so he can get back as soon as possible. Right now the Brewers are carrying a THIRTEEN man pitching staff on their active big league roster, and their pen is STILL burned out - I guess that's what happens when you don't have a single starting pitcher that you can plan on getting at least 7 innings out of every time he takes the ball. Heck, lately the Brewers have been lucky to get 5+ from their starters and still be reasonably in the game.

These are the dog days of summer, and the Brewers are definitely playing like dogs! With Graffanino possibly dinged up, Weeks may not even have enough time to finish his cup of coffee down at AAA.

Archived