Brewer Fanatic

8/8/07 - Brewers (Gallardo) @ Rockies (Francis) - 2:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Ned mans up and admits we failed miserably at what he called a challenge and something that he was embracing with us going on the road.

Granted, Colorado is a good team but they have flat out embarrassed us in this series.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Except for Braun and Fielder, I would trade every Milwaukee position player for their Colorado counterpart. Doug Melvin is going to have a lot of retooling to do this winter.

Gallardo at 80 pitches in the 3rd. I guess Suppan, Capuano, Vargas et al. are rubbing off on him finally.

Glad to hear that I didn't have to waste time watching this. I'm listening to mlbaudio while doing HDTV research.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Plus I don't know if change for the sake of change in the managerial position is the answer. As discussed in other threads by countless others, Nedly's not the one out there missing the target set up by the catcher (insert your favorite starting pitcher here), letting yet another grounder roll under his glove (yes, that'd be you, Mr. Braun), or failing to execute a simple sacrifice bunt (most of the position players can be put here). Ned will most likely be dismissed after the season, but for his own managerial shortcomings (falling asleep at the wheel while Capuano/Suppan/Bush/Vargas gives up a bunch of hits after cruising for a few innings, controversial decisions with pinch hitters/substitutions that have come to backfire badly on countless occasions, and so forth).

I agree and I disagree. I think Ned has enough shortcomings on his own to merit a change. He does goofy stuff with the lineups, he doesn't cater to favorable matchups and instead - seemingly - to gut feelings, he couldn't handle the bullpen any worse if he pulled his decisions out of a hat. Every time it seems like he starts making strides in any of those areas, whether the team is winning or not, he regresses back to the issues he was having earlier.

And if you don't think it's time for a change, it's hard to argue against the idea that coaches are sacrificed all the time in sports. In essence, the job is a hiring until it's time to fire you.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

This team is now officially an EMBARRASSMENT to it's loyal fans.

I've asked this before but noone answered. Why should I not be outraged by this team? Why should I continue to support Yost as manager? Please someone convince me that I should hold out hope.

At this moment, I have never been more EMBARRASSED to be a Brewer fan.

And we all thought the no-hitter was the low point. SURPRISE! The low point will be when the Brewers finish the season with 78 wins.

Plus I don't know if change for the sake of change in the managerial position is the answer.

My rational brain senses that this is true, but haven't there been numerous times when, inexplicably, a team just starts playing better under a new skipper?

I think Ned could be in danger if things are really miserable for another month, and the team is heading toward a markedly sub.-500 finish. But we're still a long ways from that. (Aren't we?)

At this moment, I have never been more EMBARRASSED to be a Brewer fan.

You must have missed the 2002 season, the Royster era, the Lopes era, the later years of Garner, the Selig promise to have a competitive squad when Miller Park opened, the Dean Taylor signing of Jeffrey Hammonds....

Look, they had a bad series. The team is not playing well right now. Hyperbole should be reserved for the vent thread.

Times like this I wish we had Elmer.

Maybe we'll finally find out if Bill Hall can pitch. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I agree and I disagree. I think Ned has enough shortcomings on his own to merit a change. He does goofy stuff with the lineups, he doesn't cater to favorable matchups and instead - seemingly - to gut feelings, he couldn't handle the bullpen any worse if he pulled his decisions out of a hat. Every time it seems like he starts making strides in any of those areas, whether the team is winning or not, he regresses back to the issues he was having earlier.

And if you don't think it's time for a change, it's hard to argue against the idea that coaches are sacrificed all the time in sports. In essence, the job is a hiring until it's time to fire you.

Goofy Stuff? Gut Feeling? Ned Yost? I think you have him mistaken for someone else.

All that aside, I'm starting to suspect that Ned will be gone if the Brewers drop out of first again. At this rate, that'll be very soon. I just don't see it happening until then.

Archived