Brewer Fanatic

8/8/07 - Brewers (Gallardo) @ Rockies (Francis) - 2:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess at least the Brewers are still in first.

Since I'm now firmly in the camp of people who believe changes of some sort need to be made, I can't possibly believe this is a good thing. No changes will be made as long as this group is able to call themselves a "first-place club". Of all the GMs in sports, only Lou Lamoriello is known to have the guts to make changes under those circumstances.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Will someone explain to me why Yo is batting and still pitching? I know we are short on the bullpen right now, but I don't know if our 21 year old stud needs to be the sacrificial lamb when he is having one of the days.

i think my weekend excursion where ill have no ability to follow my team isn't the worse thing in the world. I was dreading no baseball for 3 days, now not so much. I was hoping this game would get me through work but i guess i will actually get stuff done this afternoon.

You know, if this were Suppan pitching, it wouldn't bother me at all to let him go 5 and allow 14 runs.

This is one of the cornerstones of the franchise. Is it really worth it to let him take a beating when WE HAVE A FREAKING DAY OFF TOMORROW? Empty the bullpen, you idiot.

Actually, judging by what I've seen lately, we've had the last three days and change off.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Another bad day at the ballpark. Oh well, the season isn't over. I'd like to see this team show a little life for the rest of the game and put up 5 or six runs. That will make me feel a little better. It is also nice to see Joe Dillon get a chance to shine. It was about time for him to get some quality PT. The 8-0 start by the Rockies kind of makes you wish we hadn't let Dessens go.

For all the "game over" people, you get a free pass today.

Why????? We're gonna come back and win today. I can feel it in my bones. Much like I can feel it in my bones that they were gonna lose all the times when I said game over so early on.

Since I'm now firmly in the camp of people who believe changes of some sort need to be made, I can't possibly believe this is a good thing. No changes will be made as long as this group is able to call themselves a "first-place club". Of all the GMs in sports, only Lou Lamoriello is known to have the guts to make changes under those circumstances.

Bruce, I don't think that a change would be made - no matter how many of us think that it should be done - until after either:

1. The season is over

2. The Brewers are mathematically eliminated (and thus, no longer in first)

Plus I don't know if change for the sake of change in the managerial position is the answer. As discussed in other threads by countless others, Nedly's not the one out there missing the target set up by the catcher (insert your favorite starting pitcher here), letting yet another grounder roll under his glove (yes, that'd be you, Mr. Braun), or failing to execute a simple sacrifice bunt (most of the position players can be put here). Ned will most likely be dismissed after the season, but for his own managerial shortcomings (falling asleep at the wheel while Capuano/Suppan/Bush/Vargas gives up a bunch of hits after cruising for a few innings, controversial decisions with pinch hitters/substitutions that have come to backfire badly on countless occasions, and so forth).

One of the people here at the client just suggested that the Brewers just put a pitching machine out on the mound and save the arms, and anything that's not a HR counts as an out. We might actually stand a chance thenhttp://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/sick.gif

Archived