Brewer Fanatic

8/8/07 - Brewers (Gallardo) @ Rockies (Francis) - 2:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team has to get some balls when it comes to playing on the road. A first place team doesn't suck this badly (or at least shouldn't). This team cannot continue to drop game after game and series after series on the road and expect to make the playoffs.

On another note, I'm watching this game and it's the worst I've seen Gallardo pitch this entire season. The look they got at him early this season is really helping them. I will say that with Jeff Francis pitching, this game is officially over.

This isn't a Season Over post, although it sounds like it.

Sunday evening I mentally conceded that the Brewers will not make the playoffs, and I honestly feel much better now.

Last week this game would have had me banging my head on my desk, but thanks to my lower expectations, my mental health and interpersonal relationships are on the mend.

Now please surprise me the rest of the way out, Brewers. If not, we cool.

I'm done as well. Off day Thursday and Monday and I'm going to Sheboygan Friday morning till Sunday night I won't follow the Brewers again until Tuesday. I think my heart kinda needs that time off anyway.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I'm not saying it for sure yet, but would anyone blame me if I said GAME OVER already?

GAME OVER!! Fitting, because it is the time of the year when I stop following the brewers. Why make this year any different? 2007 Brewers = 2005 Brewers with half the injuries. Dare I say BYE BYE NED!

Geez I spread a little sarcasm just before the game starts and the Brewers have already lived up to their end of the bargain. 8-0 already and it's only the bottom of the 2nd inning. Well the game is no longer on my stereo. Just move on and hope they can find a way to win at least one game in Houston.

Sorry folks. :-(

if it was a race against those women they would finish 14th, so sad.

I dont know what you can do, but something has to be done. Where is Mark. A. If this was my team i would fly to Houston and chew some butt, just dress everyone down. Violence doesnt solve things but all of these guys deserve a swift kick in the ass.

so at what point in this game does Yost hand the ball to Craig Counsell and say, "just don't hurt yourself pitching"?

It's amazing just how bad this team is playing right now, and somehow they're still in first place.

Not sure if they'll end up straightening things out or not, but the way things are looking, if there's ever going to be a division winner that ends up with a losing record, this may be it in the NL Central this year.

24-10, what a long, long time ago that was!

I'm officially worried about this team finishing below .500. Cappy has been crappy, CoCo has been shaky, Sheets is hurt, Hall is doing nothing, Hardy has been hitting terribly, Villy and Wise have completely lost it, and Suppan and Bush can't seem to put it all together.

Wow. I came here to see how bad things were as the other people at the client are groaning... now I see why.

Putrid. Absolutely putrid. The Brewers could resurrect Warren Spahn during his prime and put him out there... and he'd still get shelled.

I guess at least the Brewers are still in first. And the Cubs are chasing, so if past history is any indicator, the Brewers will put up a .300 win percentage from here on out and still win the division.

Archived