Brewer Fanatic

Fielder and Weeks Chat

JJHardy7

I don't know. Weeks recruited most of the younger guys to get on it. I guess he has been updating his status every once in awhile things like "one step at a time", "nobody's fault, but my own", etc. It's something the guys look at after night games when they're on the road.

I'm not saying his facebook account is fake (and to clarify I haven't seen it) but keep in mind all MLB players are cautioned against using public forums like that, at least in a way that reveals their identity. The players association runs classes every year for young players and one of the things they touch on is how to keep your privacy. Just something to keep in mind.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Well if it's true then it looks like he's getting some confidence. If it's true I'd read his comment as saying that he's raking AAA pitching real good and it isn't fair to AAA pitchers for him to play at that level.

He's MLB caliber but he had to work through some things and get some confidence back. Look at his numbers with pitches in the strike zone, he's just not making solid contact. Great eye this year mainly but it should be obvious his wrist is preventing good contact or because of his wrist in the recent past he picked up some bad habits with his swing he needs to work through.

We need Weeks to be productive for this team to succeed.

I did just go look for his account. The photo associated with the account has Weeks in street clothes (to make it look real?) but it's a photo widely available on the internet, one taken by a blogger/groupie. Take that for what it's worth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/ilookback/weekshardy.jpg

The accounts are legit. Hardy messages back to fans and waits sometimes after BP to sign requests he got via facebook. Braun, Fielder, Weeks, Gwynn, and Hardy are all on it. I think it's something that keeps them busy late at night after road games.

you realize that anyone can make an account saying they are rickie weeks, prince, or JJ? I actually made a JJ Hardy account myself. I'm also friends with Eli Manning and Brett Favre.
http://www.pastdeadline.com/images/spartacus_kirk_douglas.jpg

I am Spartacus! Or, like those credit card commercials from a few years ago - "I am Emmitt Smith!"

JJHardy7, out of curiousity, how do you know the accounts are legit...?

well, I think there is no way that they have a facebook account. Why would they? I'm sure they have other things better to do on the road at night then mess around with facebook and myspace things

Tell that one to Zambrano.

Hardy will stay after at BP and sign balls. He replies back with messages and all that and one of my friends got his autograph by sending him a message on facebook (JJ signed it after BP and recognized him from faceboook).

Edit: And yes I do realize anyone can make these accounts. I don't really care if you think they're fake. I just think it's interesting.

If they are real lets ask Rickie to use a picture I can't find on google images. How about a classic "myspace" pose with Weeks holding a camera up to the mirror, or my personal favorite - holding the camera way up in the air looking down.

Anyway, this is my all time favorite picture of Lyle Overbay & Bill Hall. It was taken by the same person who took the Weeks photo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/ilookback/crazyOverbayhall.jpg

It's 18 days I believe. I think he got sent down August 1st...but does it matter when he actually reports? He has to be there until August 11th...and I have front row seats to Saturday's game in Nashville, so I hope he's playing.

I love all the old people that reply saying "THESE ACCOUNTS HAVE TO BE FAKE".

Little do you guys know about Facebook. These accounts are real. Every, literally, every college and high school student makes one. It's harder to find a person without a Facebook on the internet rather than a person with one. Braun's was made back when he was in college. Half of the NBA/NFL players have one. Most of the NCAA players have one, if you look them up.

I love all the old people that reply saying "THESE ACCOUNTS HAVE TO BE FAKE".

I'm not saying they don't have facebook, I'm saying that there is no way of knowing if this is really their accouts. I have a JJ Hardy account that I just made for fun. These could be two friends just messin' around on the internet, which is more common than professional athletes chatting on eachother's walls.

I thought a player had to be in AAA for ten days? If this is the case (which I'm pretty sure it is), Weeks cannot be called up right away. Maybe Crabbe? Wow these rosters are bouncing up and down. Something has to work.

As far as the accounts being fake, all the Brewers guys are friends with each other. They don't join groups or usually post anything and they accept every friend and their profiles aren't anything bad. In fact, they usually don't even upload pictures or anything. I know it's easy to set these up...but why would anyone set all these up?

If you don't believe it, that's fine. These players are people too and it shouldn't be that shocking. Almost everyone 22 - 25 is on facebook or at least know about.

Archived