Brewer Fanatic

Autograph Fridays

Warriors76
Hi I'm just looking for some advice on this thing. I haven't gone to any this year but I want to go on the 17th for Craig Counsell. Should I get there by a certain time? How exactly do they run it? Will they sign anything or restrict certain things? Can you get something signed by more than one player - think I could get Hall and Counsell? All advice is appreciated, the more detail the better. Thanks.

Quick things.

Get there by 5 (at least) to get in line, Gates open at 5:30. Call (or check the website the day of) for the exact location CC will be signing at. When the park opens go straight to that section and get in line. Players come out at 5:45 for 20 minutes. They will sign more or less anything, bats, bobbles, balls ect... If oyu don't have anything, the Brewers provide photos.

The lines for the "big guys" fill up in a matter of seconds once the doors open - seriously. People go all out bananas. CC should be easy enough to get however, so don't worry to much. And finally, there is virtually no chance to get Hall and someone else. Counsell and someone else (a coach), perhaps. Halls line is going to be huge, you won't have enough time.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

It's hit and miss. There are times I don't get into line until 5:15 and still got Braun, Gywnn (who had a huge line), Hall, & Turnbow. Last Friday I did something I never do - I got there at 4:15 and was about 15th in line and I only came home with Yost. I usually just goes to which ever line is closest to where I come in and who looks like I can get him. I take my son to every Friday game and he's not real picky.

If you are set on a player, say Jenkins, just get there early and be prepared. That means know exactly where he'll be, position yourself as close as possible to that sections entrance and run once they get the gate open. Fortunately, I have enough autos not to worry to much and get all worked up about these events, but man oh man, some of these guys take this stuff seriously. So be prepared to deal with some die hards.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived