Brewer Fanatic

8/07/07 - Brewers (Capuano) @ Rockies (Hirsh) - 8:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bah, who am I kidding, I'll be here until the bitter end

Me too. Hopefully the end isn't as bitter as we anticipate.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Anyone got a theory why our starters collapse in the 6th. It isn't limited to any particular pitcher but it is very noticeable that our starters are terrible in the 6th.

Any theory as why despite every single person in the universe who watches the brewers regularly notices this, but their own manager doesn't?

Villy has a 87 MPH fastball right now. Why Yost thinks that's the guy you bring in with men on 1st and 2nd and no out is beyond me. Villy needs to be shut down.

That is exactly what I was thinking while watching that inning.

Funny how we were only at 4 pages when the team was winning but now that we are losing we are already on page 9.

At least the Cubs are losing games. Expecting a win in Colorado this week was expecting a little too much. The Rockie team does not match up well with us at all. Things will get turned around starting Friday.

Anyone got a theory why our starters collapse in the 6th. It isn't limited to any particular pitcher but it is very noticeable that our starters are terrible in the 6th.

Because as the 6th inning rolls around, the top of the order is usually seeing the starting pitcher for the third time. The really good pitchers are able to change up their stuff, keep the hitters off balance, and stay ahead of them

Then, there are the Brewers starters. Once everybody sees their stuff a couple of at-bats, its bombs away.

Now I've watched my share of bad brewers baseball teams over the years, but I just can't recall a team that consistently gave up runs by the bunches like this. I mean it's never a 2 run inning it seems, but a 4 or 5 run inning. Of course I could be wrong because the games were probably just not this important before.

Brewers management doesn't want fans to panic...but they continue to trot out a pitcher who literally hasn't won a decision since May 5.

Yes, MAY FIFTH.

It is quite obvious it is Capuano's fault Carlos Villanueva can't record an out. Also the fact we scored one run for him in Cincinnati. And that Grant Balfour likes to walk people and serve up chewy pitches. Capuano has had his share of bad outings, but him not winning since May 5th is not completely his fault. Unless of course people want to accuse him of not being an ace, http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

At least the Cubs are losing games. Expecting a win in Colorado this week was expecting a little too much. The Rockie team does not match up well with us at all. Things will get turned around starting Friday.

This isn't basketball. We got taken behind the woodshed by JOSH FOGG last night, and are now allowing this chump starter to shut us down on three hits.

Meanwhile, the Rockies hitters aren't doing nothing special...just hitting the crap out of mistakes, something Capuano and Vargas make quite oftem.

Archived