Brewer Fanatic

8/07/07 - Brewers (Capuano) @ Rockies (Hirsh) - 8:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our record since our 24-10 start

Can we stop talking about the 24-10 start? It is pretty pointless. You can pick any point in the season to say since we were x-x, we are now x-x. The bottom line is that after tonight we will be 60-54. How many wins did you expect this team to have when the season started?

have you been watching the same team everyone else has all year? they don't make come backs

So that means you should just give up? As far as I'm concerned you play hard for 27 outs and put the best player that would help your team win the games.

Why is everyone giving up? Its a 3 run game, Philly scored 5 in the 9th why can't we?

Are you kidding me.

Anyways, now Ned pulls Shouse, instead of just not using him tonight period. I almost hope this bites him in the butt tomorrow. But I want a win too much for that.

Our record since our 24-10 start

Can we stop talking about the 24-10 start? It is pretty pointless. You can pick any point in the season to say since we were x-x, we are now x-x. The bottom line is that after tonight we will be 60-54. How many wins did you expect this team to have when the season started?

can we stop with the how many wins did we expect at the begining of the season. Expectations were changed after the very hot start and when Braun and Yo came up. They should have won 90 games this year.

It's really incredible that every bleeder seems to find a hole lately. There's no way that continues to happen for 2 months. On the other hand, you need to score more than 3 runs to win...I have a hard time blaming Cappy if the Brewers lose this one because the Brewers offense did next to nothing for the second straight night. It's pretty unreasonable to ask your pitching staff to preserve a 3-0 lead in Coors Field, if you ask me.

There's still that outside chance of a comeback, but I've got that bad "Johnny Estrada GIDP" feeling building up in my gut. Hopefully I'm wrong.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Its not pointless at all. Its pointing out just how bad this team has played for all but 34 games this season.

Just to get to 85 wins, which MAY win the division, this team is gonna have to finish 25-23 the rest of the way. When you've played 8 games under .500 for 3 months, how do you expect that to happen?

Yost has no clue how to manage a bullpen.

Lumberrule, the Brewers have been relying on the Cubs sucking too much this year? Isn't the whole point in winning your division to be better than all the teams you are competing against? So far, through August 7th, we have accomplished that....you cannot take that away from the Brewers. This might not be fun at the moment, but would you rather be a fan of the Pirates and be playing for absolutely nothing right now. Maybe you need to wake up and realize that this should be a fun time of the season which is new to all of us and try to enjoy the experience. If you dont' want to do that, then your goal for the Brewers should be to have the team out of the race by July so you dont' have to get so upset when they lose.

Yost has no clue how to manage a bullpen.

Do you know that the decision isn't all his? It's called he has pitching coaches, he knows more about the team than any of us. Why do you think they have a pitching coach in the dugout? This is getting unreal.

Just to get to 85 wins, which MAY win the division, this team is gonna have to finish 25-23 the rest of the way. When you've played 8 games under .500 for 3 months, how do you expect that to happen?

The same way the team has played 6 games over .500 since April 1st.

hey Ned, why don't we just blow through our whole bullpen again tonight. Why don't you just let everyone pitch that way they are all tired for the next series.

I worked for a government agency for a while sometime back (although this could apply to any large company). I'd always laugh at department managers, in a bid to justify their agency existence, who would just create paperwork and task forces, and busy work for the sake of doing something. That's how I think of Yost. He feels the need to do something to justify his position.

can we stop with the how many wins did we expect at the begining of the season. Expectations were changed after the very hot start and when Braun and Yo came up. They should have won 90 games this year.

Who says we aren't going to win 90 games? Expectations shouldn't necessarily change just because we had one hot stretch of baseball. Over 162 games that sort of stuff usually averages out.

I just want to set one thing straight from my point of view. We're all obviously Brewers fans and we obviously all want them to succeed. In general I think we are all relatively satisfied with their record up to this point. Lately when people are venting, atleast myself, it's not because of where we are now. No one can really complain we are leading the division by a game this late into the season, based on where we're coming from.

Instead, I think the main point of frustration is the way we are losing games, and who we are losing them to. San Francisco, Pittsburgh. More recently, Cincinnati in horror story fashion, St. Louis in an encore to the Cincinnati series and so on.

The point is we're losing games that we either should be winning and already had won and then lost and that's the frustrating part of it all, not the fact that we're in first place.

what is unreal is that some people that no matter how bad the team can do, no matter how bad a player does, no matter how stupid of a move a manager makes, everything is fine to them. thats unreal to me. This game was pretty much over, using most of your bullpen in a game that is next to over is stupid an pointless. all it will do is hurt us for the rest of the week

Archived