Brewer Fanatic

8/07/07 - Brewers (Capuano) @ Rockies (Hirsh) - 8:05pm CT

sgtcluels
Capuano didn't pitch well. He gave up four straight hits in the sixth.

He also threw barely half his pitches for strikes. This was also the case in one of his recent good outings.

Still, it would be nice to get more than three hits at Coors Field.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To reply to the person who said that Capuano not winning since May 5 is not totally his fault: yes, you are correct. But the mental aspect of baseball can be just as important as the physical aspect. Do you really have the confidence in a pitcher who hasn't won in 3 calendar months to all of a sudden turn it around and be strong for the final two months of the season?

Capuano has no confidence out there, as shown by how he completely disintegrated after giving up the home run.

You know the worst part is that I'm not even getting upset when this happens anymore.

I agree, I knew this was going to happen, if this were to happen 2 months ago I probably would, but people should be used to it by now.

You know the worst part is that I'm not even getting upset when this happens anymore.

I agree, I knew this was going to happen, if this were to happen 2 months ago I probably would, but people should be used to it by now.

Yeah same here, now I just kind of know in the back of my head that this can happen everytime they play on the road. At home I still get mad about it, because they play great at home. On the road though, this is just about par for the course.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Brewers255, you are never going to win so I would just drop it. A lot of posters like to complain because I imagine it makes them feel better about things. You are right, no one was posting when we were winning and now all of a sudden here comes everyone adding their two cents. I agree with you that this type of posting is getting old but none the less, nothing is going to change that.

We are all brewer fans in one form or another, or else we wouldn't be spending so much time following this team. The mood will be better around here by Sunday afternoon, trust me on that. Let's just get out of Colorado and be thankful the Cubs didnt' take advantage in Houston. The Cubs are going to have a very hard time with 4 games in Colorado. To me it is looking like a 2-4 roadtrip for us and a 2-5 roadtrip for the Cubs at best, hopefully leaving us at 1 1/2 game lead heading home next week.

At least Colorado's closer is young...there may be a chance to get him to collapse if the Brewers can get the leadoff guy on in the 9th (wouldn't that be cool?). Too bad the Rockies are about as good at home as the Brewers are...it's not necessarily that the Brewers stink on the road in this series, but it definitely doesn't help matters, I'll say that.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Our record since our 24-10 start:

36-44 (after tonights loss becomes official).

Now, did I expect the Brewers to keep up that 24-10 pace all year? No. But we haven't even played anywhere close to .500 since.

I believe this team is much closer to the 36-44 record in terms of talent than the 24-10. We have some good young players, no doubt...but were just not that good.

What a tough inning in the 6th, Troy Tulowitzki hits a homer below his knee on the outside corner, than Holliday hits a slow roller up the middle, than a jam shot by Helton and it was downhill from there. Is it just me or if the cubs win, the brewers win, and if the cubs loose the brewers loose latley?

OK, one last post.

Would this or would this not be a good time to try to let Wise work out whatever his problems are. Odds are severly high that we don't score three in the 9th, yet we throw out the guy who has been our most reliable reliever the past month and a half or so.

*Bangs head into wall, goes to bed.

The mood will be better around here by Sunday afternoon, trust me on that. Let's just get out of Colorado and be thankful the Cubs didnt' take advantage in Houston. The Cubs are going to have a very hard time with 4 games in Colorado. To me it is looking like a 2-4 roadtrip for us and a 2-5 roadtrip for the Cubs at best, hopefully leaving us at 1 1/2 game lead heading home next week

Yeah, the Brewers can just keep collapsing and nobody is gonna catch us.

Wake up. The Brewers have leaned on the Cubs sucking far too much this year.

Archived