Brewer Fanatic

Dog in the stands

TabbertBB

I have a specially-trained service dog. He is trained to point whenever he sees an unattached woman that isn't crazy.....

I'm still waiting for him to point the first time. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I went to US Cellular a few years ago not knowing it was "bring your dog to the park" day. I said to my buddy, "I had no idea there were so many blind people that like baseball." That's still one of the dumbest (and most successful) promotions I can think of.

I'm still waiting to bring my dog to The Keg. He's a total chick magnet and there have been some mighty fine women at the park for the past three years.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I'm still waiting to bring my dog to The Keg. He's a total chick magnet and there have been some mighty fine women at the park for the past three years.

But they all gome home to Chicago when the series is over...

ba-dum-dum

It was probably the umpire's seeing eye dog.....

Actually, I put my money on it being Wishbone or the dog from Frasier.

My money will go on Triumph, the insult comic dog from Conan O'Brien's show...imagine the fun that mutt could have at MP...priceless!

Does Yuku have a killfile function or do we have to put up with crummy one-liners until this guy gets banned?

Geez, that's a little extreme, eh? Don't know where all the hostility is coming from (although the baseball we've all witnessed recently isn't doing wonders for the overall tone on the board lately).

It was a little too harsh but the guy made two one-line cracks about Brewer fans over the course of one thread, with a low post count and a "Jewboys" avatar I assumed he was a Cubs troll.

Check the Issues forum, there's a thread about the avatar. It seems like it was a big misunderstanding.

It was a little too harsh but the guy made two one-line cracks about Brewer fans over the course of one thread, with a low post count and a "Jewboys" avatar I assumed he was a Cubs troll.

I would note that my posts are both longer than your original post in this thread, "insert Johnny Estrada joke here". Thus, your complaint has little merit, much as your opinion of my avatar reveals your own prejudice and bias about Jews. Actually, both of my posts prior to this one are longer than more than just yours, but mine you deem to be one-liners worthy of banning because you chose to assume about me.

One thing I have noticed over the last few days is a heaping helping of Colonialism...people who have been posting here for years, and no doubt complaining that nobody supports the Brewers, the Brewers get no national exposure, etc etc etc...when you finally get what you have been complaining about NOT having for all these years, you instinctively retaliate against it. I have noticed threads about "bandwagon" fans coming to Miller Park, for instance. In effect, what you are saying is "the only people who deserve to come to Miller Park are the people who came when the Brewers sucked" (whether or not you realize it). Of course, if you "got your wish", the Brewers would continue to be financially constrained and thus continue to suck. You rail about Cubs fans coming to Miller Park, and no doubt "wish" that "TRUE" Brewer fans would buy up all the tickets so that no Cubs fan would be able to come...but somehow, you still gladly take their money. It's a common, but still incongruous and disconcerting attitude to have.

In FACT, I made no "crack" about Brewer fans. I suggested that the "fine women" go back to Chicago in the first. YOUR assumptions include among them that no Brewer fans live anywhere except Milwaukee. You also assume that the "crack" was intended against "Brewer fans" and not Milwaukee women in general. Now, I'll admit that Milwaukee does have some fine women, but I will also note that in 16 years of living here, at least a dozen Milwaukee/Wisconsin natives have bemoaned the fact that young, attractive women tend to emigrate out of Milwaukee once they become adults. To hold me accountable for something that is accepted truth is duplicitous and inflammatory. My second "crack" was in fact an endorsement of a TV character/skit that I find quite amusing, and I'm quite sure Triumph could have a rocking good time at any baseball stadium, just as he does at, for instance, a Star Wars movie opening.

Perhaps BF.net just wants to continue to be a small bedroom community of longsuffering people who want to go on bemoaning their lot in life as Brewer fans. That's fine, I suppose. Or perhaps you might put out a little guide explaining that new users are not allowed to attempt humor until 'x' posts have been deemed acceptable by a committee made up of you and whoever else you approve. You might tell us which Brewers we can make fun of (evidently, it's ok to poke fun at Johnny Estrada in your book). Is it just the Latins, or can we make fun of white and black players also? Or perhaps we can only poke fun at guys when they're struggling, or when they are successful? Or maybe we can only make fun of players' physical attributes?

I for one would really appreciate knowing. Or perhaps you should just close the boards to new users, because you don't exactly come across as friendly or classy, to be honest. Which is not to say that I do. But I'm not the one calling for people's heads, either...except Ned's, every now and then.

And for the record, I owned 20 game packs through most of the late '90s...what are the qualifications to be able to post freely? "X" years season ticket holders? "X" dollars in Brewers merchandise owned?

I breathlessly await your response, or my banning. I won't die without this board, I thought it would be fun to share thoughts about the Brewers, but I've basically gotten nothing but grief for the last few days, and it's fast becoming "not fun".

I by no means am a large number poster, but I'd like to share my thoughts. I don't think your comments were ill-willed in your first two posts or anything. I enjoy seeing and responding to opinions and I would not let that take you down. I share mine and most times I repeat myself or see a higher "poster" saying the same thing and then it is a great idea, but that's how it works sometimes at a job or at enything else. I think you have to earn your stripes to earn respect (I have sat by scouts at Sounds games and repeated what they have told me and have been told otherwise here or waited until a "bigger" poster said the same thing), but I think that's part of it. I enjoy the different ideas and different responses. I think the bottom line for most here is that we are Brewers fans and we want to keep it clean and respectful and not silly posts or I guess ESPN posts. Don't get discouraged.

Archived