Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Football setup/start help.

Fatter than Joey

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I believe Yahoo is free but CBS Sportsline is better, IMO. I think the fee is like $100 or so but split that up amongst the teams and its not bad.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

What's wrong with Sportsline?

The one I would not use is ESPN - especially if you're doing an online draft. They screwed us a few years ago - site when down every two minutes during the draft, guys missed their pickss, etc. etc.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

ESPN, at least in my opinion, is the way to go if you want a good free service with live scoring. They have made some major site improvements since last year. I had the same problems with drafting and scoring that others had last year, but so far this year, the service has been much improved. The league home page is smooth and everything looks really well polished.

For another free site with free live scoring, check out Fleaflicker. There is a tour you can take to check out the site.

http://www.fleaflicker.com/

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I have used CBS sportsline about 5 years now. You can setup your own league with any scoring, track all fees, and has some good insight on it. Cost is about $10 a team and it does keep all the records from past seasons. Last year they had some issues from what the site said and gave each league different ways to get part of their money back or pay less this year. Our league had none of the problems posted, but we got half of this years price.

My fantasy League is pretty solid. Friend of mine used it for our playoff fantasy league and also for NCAA Brackets. Not heard a bad thing about them from him.

Joey make sure the first thing you do is set the rules and everyone knows the rules. Go over them at the draft and make sure everyone understands them. Nothing like some guy having a bird on week 5 because he didnt understand some rule or the scoring. Happened in a national site I played at last year, guy flipped out because in week 10 he figured it out he wasnt going to make the playoffs for big money and posted a bunch of crap on the website to defame the people running the site. Idiot later admitted he did not read all the rules when it came to point system and playoffs.

As someone mentioned earlier, anything but ESPN, especially if you're considering a live draft. They've had live draft issues in the past, and major issues with scoring for MLB earlier this year.

Read more about it here:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B02EEDB143FF93BA35757C0A9619C8B63

http://deadspin.com/sports/espn/espn-pushes-the-self+destruct-fantasy-button-251401.php

I've used Yahoo for NFL for years, and I think they've improved their service every year. It may not have all the bells and whistles of some other sites, but it's free and I've never heard anyone say anything too negative about it.

Archived