Brewer Fanatic

Bring Weeks back!

bklynbrewcrew
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rickie was solid at the plate immediately after coming off the DL too, so the fact that he's hitting .500+ in AAA isn't surprising. Let's wait and see how he does playing EVERYDAY. If his wrist holds up and he's still hitting well, bring him back up.

Look I like Graffanino as a player, but his skill set doesn't match what the Brewers need at that position. They need a number 1 or 2 hitter that can get on base and be a pest. Weeks at his best can do that but he wasn't. The ideal guy was out there to rent and the Mets (not the Brewers) did just that.

Why did people think Dillon was an middle IF replacement? From the stats I've seen he hasn't played 2B in awhile...
From that stats I've seen, Graffy couldn't play LF. It's a much easier position, but I wouldn't put it past Yost to stick Dillon there.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Im looking forward to seeing both Weeks and Gross back soon, hopefully.

Remember when nobody wanted Weeks or Gross to play. Just my opinion, but both guys were hovering around .200 most of the year, they can stay down there a little while longer. Need jerk reactions don't fix problems.

BrewCrewIn2004 wrote: Need jerk reactions don't fix problems.

Knee-jerk http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

And I agree, they don't.

For the record Ned-jerk decisions never work either

My bad...very nice on the "Ned-jerk decisions."http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

Can we please wait till Rickie has first full major league season in before people call him a bust, and yes I do believe he should be in Milwaukee because Graffys numbers are not that much better, and Rickie is our 2nd baseman for the future, and for this team the future is now!

Formely known as Mark Lorretta For President

Graffys numbers are not that much better, and Rickie is our 2nd baseman for the future, and for this team the future is now

Graffy's numbers are better, its not even close. Graffy had a great June (1.169 OPS), and while Graffy has had a more pedestrian July (.719) -- That is almost an

unbelievable .300 points higher than Rickie's .422 OPS in July. Ricky hasn't hit a HR since April, and I have no reason to think he is going to start

hitting them until he is properly healed.

Rickie is the 2b of our future -- but the future remains the future and the now remains the now.

Couldn't agree with you more FTJ.

The future is promised to no one. Weeks needs to do more than show tools before he can be counted on to help this team win a World Series. If we are to win the division this year we will need the best players available who are actually playing the best now. So even if it was true that Graffy is only a little better he is still better. This is not the time to let an inferior performer play because of his potential for the future or because he's supposed to be good.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

So, if his wrist was the issue (and I think it is definitely part of his problem), my question is how did it get healthy by playing every day in AAA? That doesn't make sense to me.

For sure he will be back up in September, but I honestly don't see him coming back up before then.

So, if his wrist was the issue (and I think it is definitely part of his problem), my question is how did it get healthy by playing every day in AAA? That doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know that his wrist is or is not 100% fixed, but if he needs every day ABs, and produces at a .422 OPS clip, then I think he has to do that in Nashville.

In Sep., Nashville gets shut down -- so he will be brought up -- I would think he could be a valuable PR in situations.

This team is not built to win now. Our ultimate goal is not to be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs, but to win a championship. Rickie Weeks will be one of the major pieces to the puzzle if this team wants to win a championship down the road, and its not worth it now to possibly depleteWeeks confidence. Second of all, you can't call Graffinino a better player because he had one good month, if you could could use one month a year to evaluate a player Geoff Jenkins would be on a first class ticket to the hall of fame. Finally, I will say this for those of you who feel we can't we can't afford to have a 212 avg, 693. OPS guy in the line-up, is a 238. avg 705. OPS guy that much better? My overall problem is Graffinino is not an upgrade at 2nd base, so why aren't we letting one of our bright young stars develop against major league pitching!

This team is not built to win now. Our ultimate goal is not to be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs, but to win a championship. Rickie Weeks will be one of the major pieces to the puzzle if this team wants to win a championship down the road, and its not worth it now to possibly depleteWeeks confidence. Second of all, you can't call Graffinino a better player because he had one good month, if you could could use one month a year to evaluate a player Geoff Jenkins would be on a first class ticket to the hall of fame. Finally, I will say this for those of you who feel we can't we can't afford to have a 212 avg, 693. OPS guy in the line-up, is a 238. avg 705. OPS guy that much better? My overall problem is Graffinino is not an upgrade at 2nd base, so why aren't we letting one of our bright young stars develop against major league pitching!

Rickie will be back in September. If he gets his timing back in Nashville (and so far, it looks good), he'll be starting in Milwaukee upon his return.

He's not developing against minor league pitching. He's getting his timing back. What's worse for Rickie's confidence is to keep having him failing at the big league level and rotting on the bench.

Second of all, you can't call Graffinino a better player because he had one good month

I have never said Graffy is a better player -- only that he is producing in the here and now, while Weeks struggles mightily.

Graffy has hit 9 HRs since Weeks hit his last HR. Graffy has .200 OPS points more than Weeks since the AS break.

As a side note -- I think sometimes that BFnet has been paralyzed by small sample qualifiers. Ned Yost has to work with small samples. He does not have the luxury of waiting until his data is a large sample. Matt Wise is a perfect example of this -- If Yost decides that Wise needs 25 IP to determine he is struggling, the Brewers will probably have lost 10 games in finding that out.

I am not saying Graffy should be signed to a 10 year extension because he had a 1.100+ OPS in June, but he should be starting over the dude that is hitting .420 OPS.

I don't know that his wrist is or is not 100% fixed, but if he needs every day ABs, and produces at a .422 OPS clip, then I think he has to do that in Nashville.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying. I was asking the original poster how, if the injury was the reason for why he played so terrible before, how it healed by going down and just continuing to play in Nashville.

I am in full agreement with him being in Nashville right now.

Brian, you make a valid point, but let me tell you my biggest worry. My biggest worry is he rakes in the month August down in Nashville then in september he comes back and struggles in the majors. All of a sudden his concerns for physical problems start to shift towards mental. He wonders if its nots the wrist but him. All of a sudden he starts questioning whether he can hit big league pitching and whether hes as good as everyone thinks. Psycholical problems can be absolutly devasting to a young player and very hard to overcome. (Rick Ankiel)

FTJ I'm not saying that Graffy hasn't played good latley. My comments weren't really directed towards you they were towards the people that feel this team is so much worst off with Weeks in the # 8. hole. I mean even when he was playing quote on quote horrible he was still getting on, he tremendously improved his defense, and he was a threat on the base pads. Rickie Weeks is not now or not ever a bad baseball player, and this was more directed towards band wagoners who critize every one on the team not named Fielder or Braun. I believe there are few band wagoners on this site, and that as long we can agree a productive Rickie Weeks in the line-up is better than productive Graffy for the long term of this team I am happy!

Brian, you make a valid point, but let me tell you my biggest worry. My biggest worry is he rakes in the month August down in Nashville then in september he comes back and struggles in the majors. All of a sudden his concerns for physical problems start to shift towards mental. He wonders if its nots the wrist but him. All of a sudden he starts questioning whether he can hit big league pitching and whether hes as good as everyone thinks. Psycholical problems can be absolutly devasting to a young player and very hard to overcome. (Rick Ankiel)

FTJ I'm not saying that Graffy hasn't played good latley. My comments weren't really directed towards you they were towards the people that feel this team is so much worst off with Weeks in the # 8. hole. I mean even when he was playing quote on quote horrible he was still getting on, he tremendously improved his defense, and he was a threat on the base pads. Rickie Weeks is not now or not ever a bad baseball player, and this was more directed towards band wagoners who critize every one on the team not named Fielder or Braun. I believe there are few band wagoners on this site, and that as long we can agree a productive Rickie Weeks in the line-up is better than productive Graffy for the long term of this team I am happy!

If anything, the Brewers should have sent Rickie to a rehab assignment after his DL time. They didn't, and they're kinda paying for it now.

His problems in Milwaukee were mental. Yost, Melvin and Rickie had repeatedly stated that the wrist wasn't hurting at all.

If he comes back in September and struggles, he'll get benched again. The team needs to win, not to worry if somehow Rickie becomes unsalvagable. Using Rick Ankiel as an example is a bad one, in my opinion. He's the biggest exaggerated case of this happening. More players than not, who have actual talent and get bounced down and back up, do just fine.

Weeks should be a better player than Graffy, very little to agrue about ther. But right now this team is in the middle of a pennat race and Weeks was not helping the team out. To be a threat on the bases a guy first as to get there. Now Weeks was had a better batting eye the last 10 days he was up, but otherwise he was in bad slump. Graffy has played almost flawless 2B and has come up with clutch hits so to not give him a shot when he was producing would be wrong for the team and its fan base.

Archived