Brewer Fanatic

08/06/2007 - Brewers (Vargas) @ Rockies (Fogg) - 8:05pm CT

sgtcluels

I told my friend that is not a fan of the Brewers to bet the Rockies tonight. I just could not do it in good faith. He will be buying the first couple rounds this weekend though!

I am not too upset because with the bullpen in the shape it was, we are going to get out of this unscathed. All we will use is Spurling. I still would not use Cordero tomorrow. I would have Linebrink close and TBow set up.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope to heck that this was the last start for Vargas until he can get his head extracted from as far up his posterior as it is. That could take a long time. Another pathetic performance by the Brewers. On a bright spot, the Cubbies lost. Now, if we continue to lose (fairly likely, lately) and Cubs continue to lose (hopefully likely) we'll win the division.

I kinda wish it would have been Vargas for 6 and Spurling for 2, as I don't think the next start for Vargas will bode well now.

You know with the Brewers having off-days on Thursday, the 9th and Monday, the 13th. The team does not techinically need a 5th starter again until Saturday August 18th. If I was Yost I'd move Vargas to the pen following this series, keep the other 4 starters on their normal 4 days rest and set up the rotation as follows.

August 7th @ CO: Cappy

August 8th @ CO: Yo

August 9th: OFF

August 10th @ HOU: Bush

August 11th @ HOU: Suppan

August 12th @ HOU: Cappy

August 13th OFF

August 14th vs. STL: Yo

August 15th vs. STL: Bush

August 16th vs. STL: Soup

August 17th vs. CIN: Cappy

August 18th vs. CIN: Vargas

August 19th vs. CIN: Yo

What's sad is that I only feel comfortable with Yo on the mound, and nobody else. If I had to choose a #2, it would be Bush. Probably not a good sign. I'd be all for moving someone to the bullpen permanently and letting Parra take the fifth spot, so we don't screw with his innings and arm so much.

Archived