Brewer Fanatic

08/06/2007 - Brewers (Vargas) @ Rockies (Fogg) - 8:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alright... Braun is actually going to have some runners in front of him for once... woo hoo... I made double digit posts... only took like 2-3 years

I guess you haven't noticed he leads the team in GIDP. Fortunately, it was difficult to accomplish with a guy on 3rd.

That was inexcusable. A runner gets his way to third with one out, and you can't bring him home. I love that we can hit home runs, but good teams also have enough balance to get Hart home by any means there.

That's how you come back when you start in a hole. You shave off a run at a time until you're within striking distance.

Something has to be done with Vargas after the game. He'd be a good long reliever, and still holds a lot of value for other clubs. We are too good of a team to have to lean on this guy for anything.

I totally agree, maybe Melvin should have used Vargas as trade bait at the deadline for something we actually needed. We have much better pitchers that could be our 5th guy. He is just lucky only reason he has 9 wins.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Well, in defense of Claudio(and it's hard to do given his crap 1st two innings), he really settled down nicely after that and did what he was supposed to do and eat some innings. When you give up 6 runs in two innings you don't deserve to win, but yet, if your offense can only score two against Josh Fogg, you may have bigger issues anyway.

Well, in defense of Claudio(and it's hard to do given his crap 1st two innings), he really settled down nicely after that and did what he was supposed to do and eat some innings. When you give up 6 runs in two innings you don't deserve to win, but yet, if your offense can only score two against Josh Fogg, you may have bigger issues anyway.

I was about to say the same thing.

I'll admit I didnt' know that if that is true... It does seem like he gets too anxious sometmes with RISP especially late in games... however, i'll gladly be blinded to that by his otherwise spectacular numbers, and that he runs hard on contact everytime unlike Johnny "lead-legs" estrada. Speaking of Mr. dp himself... at least he only popped it up this time... worthless spaghetti arm catcher

Archived