Brewer Fanatic

08/06/2007 - Brewers (Vargas) @ Rockies (Fogg) - 8:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we are not a playoff caliber team.

But yet we're in the thick of a pennant race and are still in first place? Sure, they haven't played very well at all lately but I can't stand comments like these.

On a side note: Vargas is really pissing me off by playing the way we knew he eventually would.

yes, you are absolutely right, however, we are in a horrible division and we only are where we are because we started the season hot and the rest of the division was cold as ice. If the playoffs started tomorrow, we would get smoked. I guess what I meant is, we aren't a playoff caliber team "lately". Lets turn that around.

I feel privileged to be able to post here. I am having a difficult time getting the Yuku board to load on my computer. Plus I lost my username (password too short). Someone needs to explain to me why we didn't make a roster move in order to give us a long reliever for tonight. Claudio is usually only good for only about 80 pitches anyway. I have ranted about Claudio all season. Just because we score a lot of runs for him doesn't make him a good pitcher. I won't rehash all my complaints. I dream of a Brewer rotation that gets at least 20 outs a game with some consistency. I think we have the guys, we just don't use them as starters.

Would it make sense to give Villanueva a shot at the rotation and put Vargas in the bullpen? A lights-out Villanueva is too big of an asset in the bullpen to shift. However, the recent Villanueva is struggling - probably because of pitching too frequently. If he gets into a once-per-5-days routine, he'd probably be a lot better than Vargas and would help save the rest of the bullpen.

I think you put Parra back in the rotation.. and then when Sheets comes back use Gallardo, Parra, and Villy in the 5th spot to watch their innings...

When you make me wish for Dave Bush then it is time to move to the bullpen.

Omg, I can't take this anymore... Estrada hits into another double play and both times he just jogs to first base... and don't tell me he's still "injured" or some nonsense that Yost made up last time... He is a lazy selfish detriment to this team. I wouldn't care if he was hitting 60 points higher than damian... nothing would make me happier then seeing estrada gone tomorrow... he obviously doesn't give a rip whatsoever. I HATE HIM. Vargas hacks me off... especially his lazy effort to first base earlier, but I knew he sucked already... and I blame Yost and Melvin for not getting him out of the rotation.

Silver Lining: Vargas was more than likely told not to nibble tonight, and he isnt because they need him to go more than 5. He is throwing strikes but the batters are hitting it well. The problem is that he isn't hitting the corners though...

Archived