Brewer Fanatic

Mike Piazza cleared waivers

The August who-cleared and who didn't clear waivers stuff should be taken with a grain of salt... The only people who know who has cleared waivers are GM's... I remember in the past Doug Melvin coming out and blasting the media for getting these reports consistently wrong.

With that said, I think there's a chance Piazza might have cleared given his price tag and relative lack of productivity.

Piazza would be of no interest to the Brewers. He's a terrible defensive catcher and we already have a first baseman. As there is no DH in the NL, there would be no reason to trade for him.

I'd be for getting him, but it wouldn't make or break anything. If we could get him later in August (at that point we can see where Dillon is if still on the team), and he can backup first and play catcher when needed. It wouldn't hurt anything, but I doubt it will happen.

I think I heard something on ESPN about the Angels really being interested in him.

Archived