Brewer Fanatic

Serious Practice question

TabbertBB

The new problems of Wise now brings up a serious warmup/practice question. We all know that in the bullpen Pitchers just pitch to the catcher without any batter. Is there ever a time between games that a pitcher will pitch to the catcher with a batter such as Jenkins hitting? Is there ever a time that Jenkins will get to see a 95 mph fastball from Turnbow? We all know that the get the 45 mph practice pitches in bp-- do they ever get to see live pitching outside of a game?

How else would Wise overcome his problem besides going down to the Minors?

I think his problem comes from Hitting the Red player in the face and now it has become more of a mental problem.

I think his problem comes from Hitting the Red player in the face and now it has become more of a mental problem.

Wasn't Wise allowed to go three innings recently? Could one of our stat heads trace Wises troubles back to either that extended outing or the accidental beaning of the Pedro Lopez?

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I'd rather have Wise throwing to one of those aluminum hitters like in Major League right now rather than our own real hitters.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

"Wasn't Wise allowed to go three innings recently? Could one of our stat heads trace Wises troubles back to either that extended outing or the accidental beaning of the Pedro Lopez?"

A look at his game log reveals that Wise pitched in one game between the 3-inning save and the beaning. Four days after the 3-inning save, he pitched 1.2 innings against the Reds and gave up a hit. Two days later, he pitched again and hit Lopez.

Starting with the game in which he hit Lopez, until last Wednesday, he pitched in 6 games and faced 22 batters. He retired 6 of those batters, 10 hit safely, 4 walked, one reached on an error, and of course the HBP. Though after Saturday's game, we hope that his problems are over.

Archived