Brewer Fanatic

Soriano hurt

Ennder

Running from 1st to 3rd he pulled up lame with some sort of leg injury and he left the game. Announcers seemed to think it would be something long term but obviously no details yet.

I always hate to see anyone get hurt especially a star player, but I guess this could help our chances a bit.

Edit : Initial report is a right quad strain.

(consolidated tags --1992)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blessing in disguise? I think Soriano's turning point this season came in Milwaukee when he had a great 3 game series, and he's been hitting ever since. He's obviously the catalyst of that offense. Without him, they lose a ton of production. Imagine losing Corey right now; who would bat leadoff?

Are you kidding me? If Braun got hurt Cubs fans would be ecstatic. I've got nothing against Soriano except the fact that he plays for the Cubs, the team we're trying desperately to hold off, so I hope he's out a long time.

I think he'll miss significant time with this. Even if he comes back quickly, it will effect his game. IMO, he'll be out a month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

this probably won't be serious, but it will nag Alfonso. That's the tough part with a quad strain - it takes a long time to get back to 100%. My guess is that he'll get Bonds-esque playing time until he can get it better. In any event, I love it!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Hammys can be weird.

I really don't feel guilty for not feeling for soriano. Fact is, the injury helps the Brewers win the division, which is what I want to see.

If Urlacher and Devin Hester both had season enders tomorrow I would be devastated. I don't root for injuries, but if one happens to a division rival I don't feign sadness.

A quad usually isn't as bad as a hammy, so we'll have to wait and see if he'll miss more than a few days. Soriano is only hitting around .270/.280/.420 since the end of June, so he really hasn't been helping them out much lately, but having him out of the lineup means he can't get hot like he did in June. The Cubs haven't been playing as well as the media makes it out, going just 7-8 over their last 15 games. The Brewers have been blowing things lately more than the Cubs making a run.

Let's just get it out of the way and make it clear that none of us takes pleasure in another human being's physical pain. With that said, let's not tiptoe around the fact that this is nothing but great news for us. If you said to me before the season starts let's put our best roster up against theirs, with no injuries to either, I would've said bring it on. But the reality is we lost/are losing time from Hall and Sheets so I'm not gonna cry that they'll be without Soriano for a little bit.

The only way I wouldn't be celebrating is if the man really got seriously hurt, or had to go on bereavement because of a loss in the family, but he didn't, the man's gonna be fine, so I say AWESOME.

"CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs star left fielder Alfonso Soriano strained his right quadriceps during Sunday's 8-3 loss to the New York Mets and will be sidelined two-to-four weeks, a major loss for a team trying to make the playoffs.

Soriano was scheduled for an MRI after Sunday night's game."

A month? Wow...very bummed for my fantasy team, very pumped for the Crew.

Archived