Brewer Fanatic

How far away is Hurricane from the bigs?

i'd say he'll get most of next year in AAA, then he'll be called up or traded, because i think he's running out of options...he'll be a starter...but i'm not sure if he'll be much more than a .750 ops kind of guy...

he's a good prospect, but i don't think he's going to hit .300 or seal 40 bases...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yeah his splits against lefties are horrific this year. Granted its a pretty small sample but if that's indicative of how he's been the rest of his career it will limit his ceiling quite a bit.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

well, he raked in spring training. got sent down and did squat. then he's been raking again for some time. Looks like AAA next year. Don't know what happens to Crabbe next season. Maybe he replaces Graffy.

i like that you used "weather" when discussing a hurricane.

i'm of the opinion that he should be called up some time in september . . . if only for emergency use when there's a game on the line.

the brewers likely will still be in a pennant race and having more bodies on the bench may give them the competitive edge they need . . . especially when faced with extra innings.

or, if the game's a blow out, it gives the regular second baseman some time off to rest.

Archived