Brewer Fanatic

3 Million for the Attendance?

razzzorsharp
I know this more than likely is not a possibility but if we averaged around 43,400 for the rest of the year (that might be more than the capacity anyway) we would hit that 3 million mark. This is based off of the 23 games remaining, with our attendance right now at 2,020,000. What do you all think, even 2.5 is something to behold?

The record is 2,811,041. They've averaged 34,824 so far and need to average 34,402 to break it. But September, weekdays at least, will be smaller crowds no matter how much the Brewers are still in it. Little advance group sales and school. They'll definitely get to the 2nd highest in MP history which was last year at 2,335,643.

yep, I heard the same thing via Jim Powell about a week ago. Over 30,000 per game for the rest of the season, and probably more.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

thankfully there are no day games during the week in september after labor day.

it was definitely weird talking to a friend today about going to the games in the next homestand. we were discussing having to worry about getting tickets soon before a sellout...pretty cool!

I had thought it to be impossible, at least short of several post season games.

What is the present attendance figures and how many dates left in the regular season??

EDIT: Going by the thread starters figures they would need to average 42600 for the rest of the regular season.

Wont happen. Book it.

Not a chance this year. I'd place the odds on the record at 3:2, though. If the Brewers go to the playoffs and/or have a good buzz going into next year, and perform well early in the year, I think 3 mil could be attainable without a ton of work. It really is great to see The Keg filled up every night.

3 million won't happen this year, but is definitely to be almost EXPECTED next year, barring a colossal rip-your-heart-out-and-show-it-to-you collapse.

The real issue for the Brewers as an organization going forward is TV ratings. I've heard Attanasio say the Brewers have THE single worst TV deal in the majors, and TV money is going to be what enables us to go out and spend for key free agent pieces. I _think_ the current deal expires at the end of this season, or next at worst, and THAT is when Mark can see a return on his investment in "real world" dollars. Can anyone clarify for sure when the deal is up for renewal?

I can't tell you offhand, but I believe the deal extends way far into the future. 2011 or 2012 maybe?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

3 million won't happen this year, but is definitely to be almost EXPECTED next year, barring a colossal rip-your-heart-out-and-show-it-to-you collapse.

The real issue for the Brewers as an organization going forward is TV ratings. I've heard Attanasio say the Brewers have THE single worst TV deal in the majors, and TV money is going to be what enables us to go out and spend for key free agent pieces. I _think_ the current deal expires at the end of this season, or next at worst, and THAT is when Mark can see a return on his investment in "real world" dollars. Can anyone clarify for sure when the deal is up for renewal?

IIRC, doesn't the TV deal end after the '09 or '10 season?

Question for the legal beagles out there.....is it possible for Mark A. to re-negotiate this contract in any way?

I believe that earlier in the season, it was revealed the the A.C. Nielsen company had screwed up and this caused a major impact on the Brewers' TV ratings. I'm sure that this could be used as a bargaining chip in some way. It's more than obvious that the Brewers are not receiving their fair share for what they provide to FSN. In fact, after the Nielsen issues had been resolved, didn't we jump to #3 in the rankings of all FSN baseball affiliates (behind STL and SEA, I believe)?

But FSN wasn't receiving their fair share from the ads. So you really can't make FSN fork over more money unless you make all advertisers from those years retroactively pay FSN.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Having St Louis as 3 of the weekday games in September should help.

I've been wondering if the Brewers could ever sell out a season like Cleveland did in the 90's if they become regular contenders. That would be 3.4-3.5 million over a season. The biggest challenge would be selling out April and May games.

Archived