Brewer Fanatic

8/5/07 Phillies (Eaton) @ Brewers (Suppan) - 1:05pm CT

hawing
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CV has actually pitched more innings in the past because he was a starter, but he might be tired from throwing every day. The nice thing with the Linebrink addition is there shouldn't be many situations where Wise or Villy will be needed to go in the 8th of a close game, and they are good enough to keep us in games where we are down a few.

Villy was a starting pitcher, his arm shouldn't be tired. He could have pitched 200 innings this year, he's just given up more 2 strike hits since the all-star break than any pitcher I remember off the top of my head. I was of the opinion that his pitch selection was crappy, but he hung a change up there for that double, which turned into a meatball... waist high and inner half. Maybe it's just that easy, he's missing up and in the zone with his pitches, and he's grooving too many pitches.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The best part about Yuku is just being able to refresh the browser without having to change the page for the in-game threads.

Wise... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I don't think Suppan going 1 more inning would have made much of a difference. Ned was smart to use Wise with a 5 run lead here, he still would have given up the 2 run HR, Cordero still would have been put in the game. The only real difference is CV wouldn't have had to pitch an inning.

I don't think you can just give up on Wise given his track record but you can't really use him in any game with a smaller than 5 run lead either. Its just a nasty situation to be in.

Well Villy and Wise didn't help, that's 2 extra pitchers that needed to be used right there.

- Plato

- Plato

With no one on and a 3 run lead, there's no real reason to use Coco here, expect, you know, he's supposed to.

The only reason would be we have given up I think its 7 walk-off wins this season. Turnbow has pitched two days in a row and he doesn't do well on three days in a row. Spurling is the only other real option and I don't know that I'd want him out there.

Archived