Brewer Fanatic

8/5/07 Phillies (Eaton) @ Brewers (Suppan) - 1:05pm CT

hawing
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pujols rookie year in 161 games: .329 average, 37 HR, 130 RBI

Braun in 64 games (including today): .348 average, 20 HR, 53 RBI. That translated to 161 games = .348/50 HR/159 RBI

Now, I know this is not fool proof and a lot of things can be said, just putting his season in perspective.

I scoffed at some of the early talk of Braun working out with AROD and the notion that he might be a poor man's AROD. But I'm now a believer.

The kid is as good a hitter as I've seen in a crew uniform in long time. And that's saying something considering Prince is on the team. Wow, the next couple years are going to be a lot of fun. If Weeks can find his stroke again, this infield will really be something.

There definitely is a great nucleus coming together of good young hitters. When you look at Hart, Hardy, Braun, Fielder, Hall, Weeks, that's a great young group of talent that is under Brewer control for a while. You add in a couple of key free agents, maybe one of the young catchers pans out, and you've good a good run of 5-7 years like the Twins had back in the 90's. I tell ya, I was a freshman in college in '96 when the Packers won the Super Bowl and I was excited, but I wasn't that big into football at the time. I've always been a baseball fan and a Brewer fan at that, and this ride is SOOOOOO fun! I can't wait to see where things go next!

Here's a question, because I'm lazy. What is the biggest number of homers and RBI a rookie has put up? Is it Pujols?

Off the top of my head, I know homers is McGwire with 49 in 1987. Don't know about RBI.

Here's a question, because I'm lazy. What is the biggest number of homers and RBI a rookie has put up? Is it Pujols?

Off the top of my head, I know homers is McGwire with 49 in 1987. Don't know about RBI.

Yeah, my brain isn't working...could be the last week of 5 hours of sleep a night and being around teenagers. I would think McGwire in 87 would be homers. Doubt that Braun could get 50, but he's Ryan Braun, so anything's possible.

Archived