Brewer Fanatic

8/5/07 Phillies (Eaton) @ Brewers (Suppan) - 1:05pm CT

hawing
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder where "Team Canada" is with his/her spewing of never wanting to hear things like "It's Over". It appears we are more right than wrong, Mr/Ms. Team Canada. If you don't ever want to hear things like that, you are in for a big surprise. It happens all the time, in any sport. It happens.

Easily the most deflating loss of the year to date. A day after arguably the BEST win of the season, we lay an egg like this before a long road trip. This one cannot be blamed on Ned Yost no matter how people would like to spin it. His bullpen is the one to blame today. Ned can't do anything about Cordero not being able to get out of a ninth inning with 2 outs and no one on base.

Now a road-trip, ugh. Thats going to be a downer flight to Denver. Under no circumstances should CoCo pitch until Wednesday or even Friday. 3 straight days and the fact that he threw 40 pitches today. Make Linebrink the "temp" closer for the Rockies series.

Gotta think about DLing Wise or something right? Can you DL a pitcher for mental issues? I'd feel more comfortable with Aquino than Wise.

No clue how they lost that game. Best win of the year followed by the worst loss of the year. At least they're anything but consistent.

I wonder where "Team Canada" is with his/her spewing of never wanting to hear things like "It's Over". It appears we are more right than wrong, Mr/Ms. Team Canada. If you don't ever want to hear things like that, you are in for a big surprise. It happens all the time, in any sport. It happens.

Nice job piling on after a tough loss.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Now a road-trip, ugh. Thats going to be a downer flight to Denver. Under no circumstances should CoCo pitch until Wednesday or even Friday. 3 straight days and the fact that he threw 40 pitches today. Make Linebrink the "temp" closer for the Rockies series.

Gotta think about DLing Wise or something right? Can you DL a pitcher for mental issues? I'd feel more comfortable with Aquino than Wise.

No clue how they lost that game. Best win of the year followed by the worst loss of the year. At least they're anything but consistent.

You're assuming that the Brewers even get into a spot where they need a closer on the road. http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/ohwell.gif I just hope we can keep the games close after this fiasco. What a terrible freakin' loss. Man I'm pissed. It's amazing the high after last nights win to the low after tonights win. Playoffs or not, 2007 Brewer baseball is a year I will NEVER forget.

Let's go. This crap can't happen anymore. We are in a pennant race!

That's at least four games we have blown in the 9th trying to get the 27th out!

Damn.http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/mad.gif

This point is that all the "game over" and "it's over" people run away with their tails between their legs if/when the team makes a comeback. Seriously, if people say "game over" or "it's over", I expect it to be their last post in that game's IGT.

I'm not going to vent, but instead point out the good things from today's game.

- I was about 5 rows behind the Phillies' dugout.

- Linebrink was awesome. Doesn't get any more dominant with that, especially with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

- Braun continues his torrid offensive/horrid defensive play. He's a lock for NL ROY unless he completely tanks. I think he's getting stronger offensively.

- Jenkins has come alive lately. Oh, how we are going to need his bat down the stretch.

- Suppan pitched great against a tough lineup. Props to him; he gave the team a great start when they needed it.

- Corey Hart remains hot.

Look, obviously today was awful, but look at all the positives I came up with. Forget about this one; let's move on to Colorado and play good baseball on the road for once.

Go Brewers, and go Tom Glavine!

My head is spinning from today. Got to the game early to watch some BP and a guy named Adam(you rock) asks my daughter to do the Palermo's Pizza toss. Cool.

We get to our seats and Cole Hamels is signing autographs right in front of us. He's my daughter's favorite player, she gets him to sign her hat.

We get to watch the first inning from behind the gate in the leftfield corner. While we're standing there Spurling and Parra walk by on their way to get munchies and gatorade. Get to meet them. Very cool.

And then they lose. Wow.

I'm not going to vent, but instead point out the good things from today's game.

- I was about 5 rows behind the Phillies' dugout.

- Linebrink was awesome. Doesn't get any more dominant with that, especially with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

- Braun continues his torrid offensive/horrid defensive play. He's a lock for NL ROY unless he completely tanks. I think he's getting stronger offensively.

- Jenkins has come alive lately. Oh, how we are going to need his bat down the stretch.

- Suppan pitched great against a tough lineup. Props to him; he gave the team a great start when they needed it.

- Corey Hart remains hot.

Look, obviously today was awful, but look at all the positives I came up with. Forget about this one; let's move on to Colorado and play good baseball on the road for once.

Go Brewers, and go Tom Glavine!

I am gonna be a negative Ned and pick apart a few things with this post....

1) We don't care, that doesn't affect the Brewers

2) I totally agree with.

3) I wouldn't say LOCK, but he does have a DARN GOOD CHANCE!!!

4) The key word is "lately". Where has it been ALL, OR MOST, of the year. Why does he continue to SUCK against lefties?

5) Agree with, but it needed to have been here ALL, OR MOST, of the year.

6) Agreed with.

I couldn't agree more, we NEED Mr. Glavine/the Mets to win tonight.

How wonderful, I leave at 6-1 and come home to find they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. What a downer.

You don't even make sense. In fact, saying "it's over" for this game was exactly the same as saying it yesterday. In both cases the team down big came back to win.

The crowd was great when Linebrink came out, still hopeful when Wise screwed up, and just punched in the gut when the Phils scored 2 in the 11th.

Oy though. It was quite a game to be at. But if you're reading it (and I doubt you are), thanks to the guys that were tailgaiting that let us borrow your lighter fluid when ours spilled all over the trunk.

I wonder where "Team Canada" is with his/her spewing of never wanting to hear things like "It's Over".

It's not cool to call out individual posters like this. Perhaps we can all agree that with this team, it's rarely accurate to call any game "over" before the end of the game, either positively or negatively. Brian made a good point: if you choose to declare a game "over" midway, make it your last post on the topic of that game.

If the Brewers' management takes just one thing from today's game, I want it to be this: Matt Wise needs some kind of change. The injured-batter incident from the Reds series is clearly on his mind enough to be disruptive, and the Brewers' margin of error (as we all know) is now wafer-thin. I don't blame Matt for his reaction - I can only imagine how horrifying it would be to (even inadvertently) hurt someone like that - but I question whether he can get it out of his system without help. If players can be put on the DL for "emotional" reasons, this is the time. If AAA could make a difference, try it. Something.

I didn't have a problem giving Wise a chance in the 9th; but now that we've seen the results, it's time to act.

Oh - and I felt a ton better about the Linebrink trade after today.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I really just don't get the "This games over", "this season is over", "this team is done" etc posts.

Unless the game is actually concluded, the season is ended, or the playoffs are not a possibility it's just not true.

I've even heard so called "Packer Fans" telling me that the season is pretty much over now! I mean seriously, there hasn't even been a season yet.

I don't know if any of you guys ever played anything competetive, but if you stopped trying whenever things looked bad I can't imagine you did well.

The game is "over" when at the end of an innin one team has more runs than the other. If nothing else, the last two games have been proof positive of that.

Archived