Brewer Fanatic

8/5/07 Phillies (Eaton) @ Brewers (Suppan) - 1:05pm CT

hawing
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The play looked real bad live, I've watched it about 20 times on the DVR, the slow motion replay of it... It hugged the ground, the only way Braun makes that play is if he dives. He went three quick steps and extended as far down as he could, if he dives he at least knocks it down like Ennder mentioned. I couldn't believe no error, but upon further review, it was a much tougher play than it appeared. That's why I said I'm not sure how many guys make that play. He went a long way to get there and just couldn't get the glove all the way to the ground.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Since the all-star break the only pitchers on the roster with an ERA (yes I know certain people won't like the stat but it's easy to find) under 4.0 are Shouse, Gallardo, and Parra. Linebrink also hasn't given up a run but it's only been 3 innings.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Geez, Helms beats us.

edit. The HR came after the Error, Coco came in to no one on and no outs.

- Plato

- Plato

Ballgame. Most humilating loss of the season. This team should be ashamed.

And Prince says yesterday that it's poor of us to boo. Well, I don't blame any fan who would boo after having to pay money to witness absolute crap like this.

How many times can you sit in front of your locker and try to forget this kind of thing? How much can you ask of even a professional?

Not even the happy-talk apologists on the TV broadcast can speak to this kind of letdown...

I like people jumping on Braun. We knew what we were getting when we brought him up. Let's not forget that when we were all calling for him. The play was not routine either. I agree that he should have at least knocked it down.

However, this loss really is on Coco and Wise-with an assist to the umpiring crew.

Ballgame. Most humilating loss of the season. This team should be ashamed.

And Prince says yesterday that it's poor of us to boo. Well, I don't blame any fan who would boo after having to pay money to witness absolute crap like this.

I totally agree, adambr2.... The Brewers deserve all the lustful booing that they are gonna get today... What an absolute piece of crap showing today.

The thing is this team can never seem to get any momentum off of big wins...like Monday night or last night. They just can't get hot. If I was locked away on an island a whole weekend for this series and only got to see the final scores. I'd be happy about taking 2 of 3 from Philly, but thats not what happened.

Ennder, Cordero doesn't get the benefit that Wise's error would have been the 3rd out:

10.16(i) When pitchers are changed during an inning, the relief pitcher shall not have the benefit of previous chances for outs not accepted in determining earned runs.

Rule 10.16(i) Comment: It is the intent of Rule 10.16(i) to charge a relief pitcher with earned runs for which such relief pitcher is solely responsible. In some instances, runs charged as earned against the relief pitcher can be charged as unearned against the team. For example:

(1) With two out and Peter pitching, Abel reaches first base on a base on balls. Baker reaches first base on an error. Roger relieves Peter. Charlie hits a home run, scoring three runs. The official scorer shall charge two unearned runs to Peter, one earned run to Roger and three unearned runs to the team (because the inning should have ended with the third out when Baker batted and an error was committed).

Archived