Brewer Fanatic

8-4 Non-Brewers

splitterpfj

Well the Cubs are able to score on a miss call by the ump at first base (infield hit) and then get a bases loaded walk for the second run of that inning. Definitely Cubs baseball, but at least we know all those things aren't always going to work their way.

I saw the play at first live but not any replays. Was he really out? I thought he was safe after seeing it the one time.

5-0 now, darn it!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

That play was so close there is no way you blame the ump for calling him safe. In real time, it looked like a tie. Only upon incredible slow motion, it appeared that the runner was out my about millimeter of light between the foot and the bag. Only a superhuman could have made that call, pennant race or not.

There's always bad calls in baseball games. The ump looked to be in a bad position for the play because the 1b was blocking the bag where Theriot was stepping. It was much less than a quarter step though. His foot was just above the bag when Delgado snagged it. They still capitalized on a wild John Maine. You guys always try to place the blame on the other team sucking but I think a lot of the brewers fans on here can't accept the fact that the Cubs are better than us.

That would be because they aren't?

If you don't think the Cubs are getting lucky you simply have not been watching them play the last month, even their fans think they are getting all the bounces. If you read their forum and they were upset at no deadline move because of it.

The two teams are about as evenly matched as they come in my opinion.

There is a serious chance that Theriot could take the title of "Ecksteiniest Player" away from Eckstein himself, due to the Cardinals bad season. He has all the qualifications - he's a sCrappy white guy (definitely the most necessary trait to posess in order to be considered gritty), with no power and a moderate walk rate due to being short. He is a decent defensive player, so the fact that he actually adds some value to his team aside from accolades from announcers and managers might hurt him.

Either way, this is going to go down to the wire!

While I don't have any problems with the missed call at first, let's not get carried away Go Brewers5489. The Cubs are certainly good in different ways than the Brewers (like in manufacturing runs which sometimes look lucky), but overall I think we are as good as the Cubs. I think during this hot streak, like all teams that are red hot, the Cubs got their fair share of good breaks, seeing-eye ground balls, dropped out, etc. That can't continue forever (just like our start could not contine). Right now the Cubs have better starting pitcher, and a bit scrappier, but we have a better albeit it struggling offense and a better albeit struggling bullpen.

Case in point was that error by Milledge. But things will even out and it will be a neck and neck down the stretch.

I think the biggest series is going to be the final one between the Brewers and the Cubs. If someone manages to sweep that could really turn things one way or another. Even just making up one game if you get beat twice by someone your going head-head in the central against that could be a little confidence buster. It's going to be a big 3 game series.

Archived