Brewer Fanatic

8/04/07 - Phillies (Hamels) @ Brewers (Bush) - 6:05pm

sgtcluels
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm usually an optimistic fan but I have to admit that I am having a hard time processing this win because I really didn't see this one coming. We just haven't seen many like this this year. I'm not as excited as I would have thought, I'm kinda numb right now.

There was a lot of emotion in that dugout after Prince's homer. Hopefully this game (which is one for the ages) will spark a tear for this team, blowing the Scrubs chances out of the water. Wow! What a game! We can definitely revel in this one tonight!

Good to hear Prince on Brewers Live saying that the fans are great except when they boo the team, Prince says that's "poor."

I agree! It was also poor for brewerfan.net to skip an In-Game thread because the team "didn't deserve it."

But, eh. All the same. I guess some people have just forgotten what it's like to watch a winning baseball team. There's going to be many down spots throughout a 162 game schedule.

Wow, what a great comeback...it seems like forever since the last time the Brewers came from behind in the last couple innings to win. I had a good feeling about Prince's at-bat before he even launched that laserbeam into the Beerpen, and Corey Hart's catch was probably the catch of the year for this team. Pretty incredible game overall, considering how Hamels was cruising through the first 5 innings.

Here's to hoping Suppan doesn't suck tomorrow and that Tom Glavine gets win #300. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Please god make it a 1-2-3 my heart can't handle it.

Looking back now I find this comment to be hilarious. It was a 1-2-3 inning but I'm sure your heart skipped at least one beat in the 9th.http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

Wow. Just got back from the game and all I can say is it was electric to be at Miller Park tonight. I was saying to the guys I was with that if the place was that jacked up in August I couldn;t even imagine what it would be like if there was ball being played there in October. Unbelievable!!

I so prefer the Brewers winning at night - so I can go to bed with a goofy grin on my face, and I won't at all feel like flinching when I check the morning paper. http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Wow, just got back from a long day out and dinner with my wife, just getting ready to pop a movie in and take it easy tonight when I checked the score.

One of those recaps that made me silently pump my fist several times without having seen a minute of it, and the kind of game that again gives me hope that the Crew can take the division and make a nice playoff run this year.

Wow. Just got back from the game and all I can say is it was electric to be at Miller Park tonight. I was saying to the guys I was with that if the place was that jacked up in August I couldn;t even imagine what it would be like if there was ball being played there in October. Unbelievable!!

I've been wondering a bit about this, too. Would it be like a whole month of Opening Days (i.e. fans are drunk and just there to party)? Or would they be in the game like Yankee/Red Sox fans? Or a combination of the two?

With playoff ticket prices significantly cheaper than World Series ticket prices, you gotta wonder what kind of crowds we'd get for Division Series games.

Speaking of playoff tickets, has anybody received word/mailings/anything about advanced ordering for them yet?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Was at the game. Funnest game I've ever had the pleasure to go to. Sat in the right field bleachers on field level almost right in front of where Corey made the catch. It was just nuts. There were some Cubs fans there, lets just say they probably didn't enjoy their trip as much as they thought they would. That was some abuse. Prince owns and Braun is god. Like the previous poster said, there was something in the air tonight at Miller Park. I WILL be there WHEN we make the playoffs. It's going to be insane. Tailgated with family from out of town I never get to see hardly hours before the game and after, just got back now. That catch seriously was amazing.

Archived