Brewer Fanatic

Entire Blue Set

KCBrewerfan34

You sound pretty certain. Sweet, I thought I heard MP workers were going through the boxes before giving them to fans randomly. I'm not even a collector but it's pretty cheap if that's how it is.

Not accusing you personally of anything.

Let's see, 5000 blue ones out of let's say 40,000 every time, that's 1 in 8 or or a 12.5% chance at the gate. To pull in the long odds every time, am I figuring it wrong or is that a 0.00000000018% chance? You sound pretty sure of getting the whole team together. People who care more about bobbleheads or pay a lot for their sets might call someone like that a lucky fan, or a born winner.

PS I offer a striped Gorman (don't know if you're missing some of the striped ones), two probably striped Harvey Kuenns, a Chorizo and a Turnbow from last year with real hair that I could paint any color for an interested party. Could probably persuade my wife to throw in 2 retro logo margarita glasses and 4 mini helmets from cheese fries; she heard people like those blue ones and that they may be willing to $$ or maybe even $$$ for a comprehensive set like that.

I have the whole set in blue and pinstripe so far...if you were to get the entire blue set it would probably sell for $400-$500. There is a trick to it...you can position yourself to get a powder blue or retro one if you know what you're doing.

laserbomb,

that is a little harsh, i have all the blue ones and pinstripe ones, it isn't that hard, and even if I don't get them at the gate, I get them from other people at the park. It really isn't that hard.

You're right, 12.5% or 0.00....0018% isn't that hard, compared to some even farther long shots. But if there're tricks at the gate, it's not random. Or if you just have the initiative to go around to people who don't care or don't know what a blue one is, that's great that you've figured it out and it works out for you.

The last part of that post is pretty bush league.

Oh, you think I leaned over the plate into that one? Just wait til Ned gets here, he'll scream at you until he's ejected!

I'm always there with 3 or 4 people, just have each guy walk in a different line and you get a retro or blue one almost every time. I did it again today and it worked again. Most people I go with don't care so they give me the bobblehead anyway. There are also some other door tricks you can try.

laser bomb wrote :
Not accusing you personally of anything

Yet you very clearly did.

"Let's see, 5000 blue ones out of let's say 40,000 every time, that's 1 in 8 or or a 12.5% chance at the gate. To pull in the long odds every time, am I figuring it wrong or is that a 0.00000000018% chance? You sound pretty sure of getting the whole team together. People who care more about bobbleheads or pay a lot for their sets might call someone like that a lucky fan, or a born winner. "

Wow, so many words about nothing. He's been trading for and buying all the blues he's missing, why did it bother you so much? Seemed like you went out of your way to start trouble with someone who has done legitimate business here before in the trading post, where the collectors hang out. By your own admission, your not a collector. Why come here and try to discredit someone else you know nothing about?

You don't need to be a "born winner" to collect bobble heads. Like BHF said, it's very easy to increase your odds, though not guaranteeing anything, by choosing your entrance carefully. To begin with, the boxes are clearly marked "White" and "Mixed".

billyhallfan wrote

forget all the percentages, it is not that difficult to get one. I don't understand why you are so upset about it?

Ditto.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Go on. I don't check in here very often and I called it like I saw it, probably with sarcasm but not with any bother, and don't have any aim beyond that. You're going to tell someone else on a message board they used too many words? Go shine your collections.

Archived