Brewer Fanatic

Neifi Perez suspended for third time=80 games

burniebrewer

Neifi Perez failed a third test and is no longer eligible to be re-instated tomorrow after his second suspension ends.

As a result, he will lose about $1.2 million in salary and his season is over.

EDIT-I tried to add the link, but it's not working using the link thing above, so here it is:

Detroit infielder Neifi Perez suspended for 80 games after 3rd positive test for stimulant

(fixed link --1992 http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif)

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Good to see Don can at least get a link link to work.http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/mad.gif I tried and it wouldn't take.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Does this mean he takes the role of stupidest player of all time from Jeff Juden? Like Jaybird said once can be atrributed to some sort of screw up/carlessness. Three times looks more like an addiction to me.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

You know it's really unfair to the rest of the AL that MLB testing is doing the Tigers a favor by taking Neifi off their roster. If he tests positive again he would be banned for life. I'd say he's done as it is, how could you sign him to an MLB contract knowing he could get banned at any moment? On the Flip side when do teams start spiking drinks to get rid of player contracts?

You know it's really unfair to the rest of the AL that MLB testing is doing the Tigers a favor by taking Neifi off their roster. If he tests positive again he would be banned for life.

Actually, not quite true. Per the ESPN article I linked above:

Another positive test would lead to a suspension to be determined at the discretion of commissioner Bud Selig, with Perez having the right to have an arbitrator review the penalty.

But still, I can only imagine how much trouble he'd be in if caught again...

Archived