Brewer Fanatic

Possible roster moves today? (Latest: Dessens DFAed, Linebrink activated)

patrickgpe

Does anyone know if Linebrink will be in uniform tonight. If so it will be interesting to see who gets called down. I also do feel we need another bat on the bench. What are the odds that Gross gets called up too. He is batting 300 in Nashville since his demotion.

(added tags -TC)

(added to title -1992)

(added tags -1992)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

does linebrink take this much time if he is a padre?

While that question is impossible to answer with any certainty, I think that given:

- this is the couples first child

- it was born by c-section

It is very likely that he would have taken this much time off regardless of the team. One of my co-workers wife had a c-section and she was out-of-commission for several days, and he missed one full week of work to help care for his wife and baby.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I think we should stay away from any criticism of Linebrink in this case. His wife had a child only a few days after her husband was forced to move across the country, and she will need to adjust to both the responsibility of caring for a small human and having a 4 inch slice across her core stomach muscles. If he didn't take that time to be with her, I would question him as a man.

I'm really surprised by how many people on this board seem to think that Linebrink is giving half-effort towards getting back.

Sure, it would have been great to have him the last few days but his wife's condition hardly strikes me as a bad excuse. He should be with her.

There are really 4 choices for when Linebrink returns:

1) DFA Dessens (or if lucky trade him for a PTBNL)

2) Option down Parra

3) Option down Villy

4) DL Wise

Now the 1st one has the benefit of having real little downside though it would be nice to have Dessens available in September to reduce workloads a bit.

Parra has thrown well so this is hard to do but he's option was already used for the year and so there is not cost on that end.

Villy probably coudl use a break which optioning down could do but it would cost them an option for basically a week's worth of time

Wise maybe DL'd if they think his head just isn't there yet.

Parra's innings won't get limited if he's optioned to AAA. Innings pitched in triple A are just as taxing on a pitcher as they are in the big leagues. The brewers can actually do a much better job of limiting his use if they keep him in the bullpen in Milwaukee.

my guess is that either Dessens gets DFA'd, or Spurling does back down.

For Parra to be the long man that would limit his innings. I know he has had injury problems in the past so going easy on him is not a bad idea. Spurling got us out of a major jam on tuesday and though i have ripped him on numerous occasions on this board Id keep him here over Dessens.

If not the DL for Wise, I think it comes down to Spurling or Villanueva. Spurling would go unclaimed in my opinion. Villanueva could use a couple weeks in Nashville mentally.
Parra should be replacing Capuano in the rotation now, not later, with Capuano to the bullpen.

Wise is out of options. That's the reason the Brewers were originally able to pick him up on waivers.

We're already discussing the legitimacy of the bereavement leave in the Dillon/Dessens Up, Linebrink to Bereavement, Weeks to AAA thread. Let's keep it in one place. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived