Brewer Fanatic

Dugout altercation

Bruce Ciskie

I saw the replay on DVR and I thought Yost was going at it with Graffanino instead of Estrada.

Estrada actually looked like he was trying to hold Yost back. Yost seemed to be looking at Graffanino mostly. I saw Bill Hall run towards Ned at the last second of the video clip. I am not sure why. Maybe he was upset, or maybe he was just trying to help the others control Yost.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were basically two clips, and ya, the first one Yost was really laying into Graffy, but the second Estrada was really laying into someone, supposedly Yost.

And I agree, I don't want players coming out and spouting crap like some NBA and NFL players do, but its good to see a little spark sometimes too. You figure they're frustrated behind the scenes, but sometimes the fans need to see it too.

Bill Michaels just said on WTMJ that one of the players told him "We aren't waiting for Ned Yost, we are going to have to win this thing ourselves". I guess that statement could be interpreted in a number of ways. but it was interesting.

At least you know they're not happy about the way things have been going. Will we see Damian Miller back to #1 catcher next year?

I am a HUGE Damien Miller fan. But, I think his days as a #1 catcher are pretty much at an end. He has the talent and the knowledge, and even most of the skills, but he's almost as old as I am.http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

Bill Michaels just said on WTMJ that one of the players told him "We aren't waiting for Ned Yost, we are going to have to win this thing ourselves". I guess that statement could be interpreted in a number of ways. but it was interesting.

If this is true, than I think this is huge. If the team has turned on him, time to go Ned.

"We aren't waiting for Ned Yost, we are going to have to win this thing ourselves".

Whats that supposed to mean? Any thoughts on that?

If that quote's true, Donald Trump would love to contribute his two cents on Ned's future here:

http://www.scripting.com/images/archiveScriptingCom/2004/02/24/theDonald.jpg

A little more clarification from AOL Sports:

"When the half-inning ended, Estrada and Yost got into a heated dispute in the tunnel leading from the dugout to the clubhouse. Infielder Tony Graffanino stepped between them while pitcher Ben Sheets and pitching coach Mike Maddux stood in front of Estrada. The next inning, Yost motioned with his finger for Estrada to come talk with him, and they disappeared out of sight down the tunnel.

Asked if such a conflict could spur a team, Yost said, "We'll see." He then abruptly walked out of his postgame news conference. Estrada declined comment through a team spokesman. "It's our business," Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder said. "It's team business. I think it's good for the players, for us, we go over some business stuff and it should put us back on track."

Bill Hall insisted there aren't any problems in the Brewers clubhouse, "I know that for a fact," Hall said. "Everybody is fine with everybody."

Corey Hart homered twice for Milwaukee, which lost two of three in the series. The Brewers led the NL Central by 8 1/2 games on June 21, but their defeat Wednesday night dropping them out of first place for the first time since April 21.

"We'll stick together," Geoff Jenkins said. "We'll be fine."

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

That supposed comment (Warning: Consider the source - Michaels), could be interpreted many ways. Of course the "Yost is to blame for all of our losses" crowd will say that it means the players are no longer listening to Yost, and he has "lost them." More likely, the comment was something to the effect of, "Its up to us to fix this thing. Ned Yost can't do it for us."

"We aren't waiting for Ned Yost, we are going to have to win this thing ourselves".

Whats that supposed to mean? Any thoughts on that? I wonder what player said that.

Could mean any number of things.

First of all: It is BigUnit take it for what it's worth.

Second of all: As with any second or even maybe third hand story----take it for what it's worth.

Third: Could mean the players realize that the manager really doesn't win or lose games in most cases. IT IS UP TO THE PLAYERS.

Fourth: No name, no quote, no tape.....BLEH

Fifth: See number onehttp://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smokin.gif

Yeah, Ned has really been slumping at the plate lately.

I don't really see how Neds holding them back unless he's telling the pitchers to leave stuff over the plate and cursing his players with voodoo dolls when they're batting with the bases loaded.

hey, now all we need tomorrow is for Yost to go on a kicking and screaming tantrum at third base, including kicking dirt on the ump, and all will be well!

EDIT: Hey, wait a minute! Now THIS post says it's #2000! What the heck?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

hey, now all we need tomorrow is for Yost to go on a kicking and screaming tantrum at third base, including kicking dirt on the ump, and all will be well!

Don't forget throwing his hat down and kicking it. And turning more red than normal.

I disagree strongly with most of Ned's ingame tactics, especially his use of and tactics with pitchers. He smugly refutes most of this in his postgames with his "you don't know cuz you're not the manager".

I guess all that we have been seeing isnt just fan-speak but the players are frustrated with him as well. I've never seen a manager get fired during a playoff run, but it would be a bold and useful move.

Archived