Brewer Fanatic

If Yost were to be fired after the season, whom would you choose as a replacement?

BREWCREW5
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha, I figured that was coming from you Brian.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Damien Miller (however don't believe Yost should be fired)
Just like Major League II. You know Damian Miller does kind of look like Tom Berenger.

Its true....in fact, my wife always refers to him as Jake Taylor.

I wouldn't mind Frank Kremblas myself. He doesn't have MLB experience, but baseball is baseball, and he has lots of experience working with our current players. I guess you could use the "has been successful at every level" tag that we used during Corey Hart's rise through the minors for Kremblas.

Kremblas is my first choice followed by Girardi. The way this team is collapsing Im not sure that Yost lasts the season.
If Yost were to be replaced, my first 2 choices would be those listed above, but I'd go Girardi and then Kremblas.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The problem I see with Girardi is how he handled the pitching staff in Florida. He overused his starters and several of them including Annibel Sanchez and Josh Johnson came down with arm problems. Therefore it may be better to stay away from him. Kremblas from what I have heard is really liked by his players and he has worked with our young guys before. I think he deserves a shot.

Well Kremblas has a bit of a playboy image... not that it bothers me, but if I had to guess that's why he's where he is and not with the big league club. Mass linked an article in the coaching thread and I remember the writer mentioning "womanizing" off handedly a couple of times. I'll go look for it and dig out the quotes if I can find them.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/Cover_Story/2007/06/21/A_Whole_New_Ball_Game/index.shtml

When the Sounds are at bat, he assumes his place on the third-base line, his panoramic vision taking in the batter, the base-runners, the pitcher, the catcher, the officiating crew?and between batters, the women in the stands
Were you ever married?

No.

Why not?

Ive never asked anybody. Do you want to be? Grimace. Stony silence. Never mind. He has a girlfriend, though not the same one the ushers who work Greer's comp ticket sections knew from last year.

It struck me as odd that it was even mentioned a couple of times, and left me wondering why it was even noteworthy. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the impression definately lingered with me.

edit. The original link is still active, thanks Casey for pointing out how difficult it is to find a post in that thread.

- Plato

- Plato

Yost isn't going anywhere unless this team has a complete meltdown. What he's done with basically a bunch of kids is nothing less than amazing. No one expected the Brewers to be in it for another year. The Cubs have been hot for a while. They are due for a major cooldown. All teams go through there ups and downs and we are due for an up shortly.

…thanks Casey for pointing out how difficult it is to find a post in that thread.
Yuku allows members to choose how many posts per page they want to see, so saying "look at page 3" doesn't work anymore. This is definitely something I'll have to put into Usability FAQ when I have a chance to revise it. http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

There's a little link on the top of every reply that says, "url." If you click on it, it'll help you find the link to the actual post you're referring to.

If that confuses you, you may want to refer to the thread, then refer to the post by date and time.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Do all the Krembles backers realize he is in love with small ball? He is not a good fit for this team, he is a better fit as a minor league manager.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Although I am not convinced that Yost needs to go, I am interested what that quote reported my Bill Michaels is all about.

IF Yost is out, I would RULE OUT the following: Kremblas, Yount, Don Money. It is my opinion that new blood is needed. Someone that doesn't know these players too well so that they can come in here and expect these players to fight to keep their jobs. I think this would improve morale, and and lead to a more fiery team. I do like Girardi. Someone told me a while back that Tom Kelly is thinking about managing again....he'd be my number one choice no question. Leyva hasn't been here too long, maybe he'd be a good one.

I know he says he doesn't want to manage anymore but I would take a dumptruck full of money and park in front of Tom Kelly's house (which is about 2 blocks from mine) and see if that didn't change his mind. He is by far the best manager not currently managing.

IF Yost were to be fired (or quit given how little he seems to be appreciated here) I'd vote for someone with a track record of winning. Don't know who will be avialable but i'd like experience. Absolutley no to Girardi. I don't know what all the love is for Girardi. He guided his team to a sub .500 finish and over worked his young, high ceiling, starting pitching in the process. The lackluster perfromance of the Marlins this year can be attributed in large part to his mismanagement last year. I wish he wouldn't have been fired so he'd have to have dealt with the mess he helped create. I'd absolutley hate to see him here trotting out YoGa, Para and Villy every 5th day for 8 innings and an elbow surgery at the end of the year. The guy has done nothing to prove he is more capable than Yost in guiding a team to more than what Yost has. At the very least Yost will have one winning season under his belt and didn't need to damage a young pitchers career in the process.

Co-sign.

Well put.

I think Mike Hargrove would be a perfect fit. He's a winner, a leader of men, has developed young players, and his style of play matches the players on our roster

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I think it's important to take a step back and look at it from a non-Brewers view. Look at the team and break it down compared to others. I've said before here that our OF is not producing enough to be a 1st place team. Thank goodness for Hart. Braun is the man. Hardy was the man. 2B has given us Graffanino and Fielder is stud, but cooled off. Estrada can't field well. Starting pitching is hurting (eras are high) and the bullpen is worn down. CV who everyone here has loved is now struggling...because he is overworked. He used to be a starter. Maybe he's struggling? Is all of this because of Yost? I honestly think it's talent. We aren't that talented as we sometimes thing and we're still very, very young.

I think Mike Hargrove would be a perfect fit. He's a winner, a leader of men, has developed young players, and his style of play matches the players on our roster

but didnt he quit because he didnt have the "passion for the game" anymore? Not exactly the guy I'd want

Archived