Brewer Fanatic

If Yost were to be fired after the season, whom would you choose as a replacement?

BREWCREW5

I dont want this thread to turn into a debate whether or not Yost should be fired.

I want to know what the brains on here think will happen to Yost if the crew fails to win the division along with not winning the wild card? One would think we will atleast have a winning record come the end of the year for the first time in a very long time. I think that Yost will be fired if the brewers dont make the playoffs. I would love to see Giradi brought in to replace him, if he is in fact fired.

(Edit: new title as a last ditch effort to keep the thread on topic --1992)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a big Yoster for sure -- I am pretty dubious that he will be fired though, even if the Brewers are sub .500. I guess I haven't given much thought as to his replacement.

Dave Bristol is about the only Brewer manager I can think of that had previous MLB experience as a manager. I think the one difference is that a lot of manager candidates would love to get their hands on this nucleus of players, where in the past that probably was not the case.

Kremblas would be a logical choice because he has experience with most of these young players. It would be hard though to convince brewer fans to put there trust in someone who has no big league coaching or playing experience, At least Ned was a major league coach for about 10 season when we hired him.

I don't think Kremblas would have much of a shot since he has no big league experience. You might as well stick with Yost in that situation.

IMO, unless the Brewers finish under .500, Yost will be back. However, based on the fact that they were were at least 14 games over .500 at various points this season, if they struggled out of the gate next year or even were just hovering around .500 next year, I think he'd be fired during the season.

If he was fired during the season (which i don't think would happen) then i'd say Kremblas. If he's fired in the off season i'd say try and get Giradi. I know he was stubborn about the Baltimore job, but i think Mark has enough money to throw at him plus the fact that we are a legitamite contender.

Also, one thing that makes me believe Ned will be fired at the end of the season is that come september, when the football season starts, if the brewers are playing as badly as they are now attendance is going to drop along with ratings. That won't make Mark all too happy.

IF Yost were to be fired (or quit given how little he seems to be appreciated here) I'd vote for someone with a track record of winning. Don't know who will be avialable but i'd like experience. Absolutley no to Girardi. I don't know what all the love is for Girardi. He guided his team to a sub .500 finish and over worked his young, high ceiling, starting pitching in the process. The lackluster perfromance of the Marlins this year can be attributed in large part to his mismanagement last year. I wish he wouldn't have been fired so he'd have to have dealt with the mess he helped create. I'd absolutley hate to see him here trotting out YoGa, Para and Villy every 5th day for 8 innings and an elbow surgery at the end of the year. The guy has done nothing to prove he is more capable than Yost in guiding a team to more than what Yost has. At the very least Yost will have one winning season under his belt and didn't need to damage a young pitchers career in the process.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I believe that Nick Levya was at one time a manager so there is some experience on the staff.

I don't think he will get canned unless they start out slow next year.

Kremblas would be the first guy I think to get the job. I think Yount is a darkhorse to get it. Cooper I think wants to stay in Houston becaue he knows Garner is maybe gone soon and he can step in and still be at home.

That could be the worst thing possible for this franchise right now.

I guess I don't see why there are so many that dislike Yost. All he has done was handle a bunch of young talent and has them on the verge of their first winning season in 15 years.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Let's keep in mind that this isn't a "should Yost get fired, extended, rewarded with a lifetime contract", etc. The original poster just asked who would replace him IF he were not here next year. Let's try to keep to that question.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

A few of the names that Melvin considered when Yost was hired. Buck Showalter, who I believe is a former minor league teamate of Melvin. Ken Macha, who turned down the job, thus leading to Yost being hired. Jerry Narron, who I believe has a connection with Melvin during their days in Texas and I believe another minor league teamate of Melvin's.

Archived