Brewer Fanatic

8/2/07 Mets (Lawrence) vs Brewers (Capuano), 1:05pm CT

Bruce Ciskie
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just given away most of my remaining tickets for the month August, except for one game I have to attend, and I'm now working on September. If, by miracles of miracles, the Brewers turn it around and start playing good baseball and are still in the hunt for the playoffs, I'm sure I'll regret my decision. But, right now, at 4:12 p.m. on August 2nd, 2007, it feels really damn liberating.

How's that for overreacting.

It appears we're just not ready for prime time. The Mets brought us down to earth earlier this season and now they've shot us down as we clung to first place coming into this series.

The Mets are who we thought they were.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

this team needs a collective slumpbuster

I'll call my ex-girlfriend...

Like they haven't already gone there http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

It appears we're just not ready for prime time. The Mets brought us down to earth earlier this season and now they've shot us down as we clung to first place coming into this series.

I don't entirely disagree, but you it's almost like saying that the Tigers series is proof the Crew can hang with the big boys. It's no one team.

I'm more annoyed by series losses to the awful teams they've played the last month. I had envisioned them pulling away in July since the schedule was so soft.

Brewers have to lead the league in having guys come up with bases loaded or 2-on 2-out situations and do nothing. Then have have the same guy hit a solo shot his next time up. I guess that would be anti-clutch hitting.

I can believe Graffanino stirring the pot, calling others out.

He's played on successful teams in big towns like Chicago and Boston, and his pride was stung by the whole arby process with "this backwater, small market team." This past winter, he and his agent were a problem, as I recall, and I can see him "big-timing" us, especially in light of his career high in homers.

Just pure speculation, but would you be shocked if Graffy started denigrating this team? "You don't know how to win...I'm better than this...I'm wasting my time here..."

Of course I'm not saying he specifically said these things.

But on the 2007 Brewers, our other playoff-experienced veterans like Counsell and Damian are Wisconsin guys, and SoupCan only has himself to blame for so many of our recent struggles. And the young guys are probably not in a position to pop off (although, theoretically they could, I suppose). But if I were to guess which Brewer vet were to tick off Ned that badly, by process of elimination, it could be Tony, right?

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

win...I'm better than this...I'm wasting my time here..."

Of course I'm not saying he specifically said these things.

You're definitely intimating it. Who knows what they were saying? Graffy hardly has a rep as a cancer.

I don't care what part of his ego it comes from, but even if he was in the right I wish they'd keep it in the clubhouse.

Ohman has given up 3 runs in the top of the 9th, so apparently the Cubs are human. It is now 10-6.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

All things aside, and as someone had mentioned earlier in this thread, the pitching is just not what it was supposed to be this year and that alone is costing the Brewers ballgames. There is just no way this team is going to consistantly score enough runs unless the pitching can keep them in games and that just isn't happening. I really wish that some of the struggling pitchers (Suppan, Capuano) could be demoted for like one month while the young guns earned a few starts. I know it won't happen, but it would fun to see.

Archived