Brewer Fanatic

8/2/07 Mets (Lawrence) vs Brewers (Capuano), 1:05pm CT

Bruce Ciskie
Its hard to tell what happened. The first bit on TV showed Estrada being held back by Sheets and Graffy, but you can't tell who he's yelling at down the tunnel. Hall was there, but he didn't seem to be the one Estrada was yelling at. Not sure which clip happened first, I'm thinking the Estrada yelling at someone was the later portion of the incident.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like "this team doesn't point fingers" may no longer apply.

Yeah, and maybe we won't hear the post-game loss pep talk from Yost about the poise of the team.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Ned Yost's teams have historically melted down in the second half. These teams have had talent, but no motivation or coaching or stamina. I'm not a GM or owner, so I don't know how my players or coaching staff conduct themselves in the clubhouse and practice. Something has to change, fast, or we'll be looking up at the Cubs and Cards.

Regardless of what's going on in the dugout the big picture is that this team appears to be regressing and someone will be held accountable. Right now I am sure that Ned's patience is like a triphammer seeing as how his tenure with the Brew is winding down if things don't turn around in a hurry.

Chorizo you are reading WAY too much into that, this team is young, and Graffy and Ned alike (both of whom have been around for a while) have got to be frustrated at the way this team is playing. Based off your last statement, this team is season/team is officially out?

I think you're the one reading WAY too much into what I wrote - I was stating that the same players and coaches who have spent the better part of two months downplaying their shrinking divisional lead and mounting concerns with this team's overall performance are starting to look a bit hypocritical now that their lead is completely gone and they've obviously let their emotions get the best of them. There's plenty of season left for them to turn things around, but this stretch is starting to look eerily similar to their 10 game losing streak that knocked them out of serious wild card consideration last year shortly after the trade deadline.

Archived