Brewer Fanatic

UW-Whitewater pitchers in minors

I attended school full-time the year the Warhawks won the D3 National Title and I was wondering whatever happened to the Fab Four pitching crew and also an outfielder that found its way into the pros with various teams and here is what I have gathered thus far, feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I heard most of these from Kevin Tomasiewicz's girlfriend, who was a bartender at the Pub in Whitewater and still dated him when he was with the Mets organization.

Ryan Callahan, lhp from Janesville - He signed as an undrafted free agent with the Giants and played his first season in Hagerstown with the Suns and was subsequently released from the team and later signed with the Twins organization. THAT IS THE LAST I KNOW OF HIM.

Kevin Tomasiewicz, rhp from Sleepy Hollow, Ill. - Was involved in the UW-Whitewater-UW-Oshkosh brawl that ended up costing UW-Whitewater pitching coach Doug Henry (former Brewer pitcher) his job after Henry allegedly punched a freshman player on the Titans' squad. By the way, Henry is with the Braves organization. Tomasiewicz was drafted in the 26th round by the Mets and ended up with Hagerstown. Not sure what happened to him after that.

Greg Reinhard, rhp from Marinette County, Wis. - Was considered the MVP of the D3 College World Series and capped off an excellent series and was drafted in his junior year in the 6th round by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. He was traded to the Chicago Cubs along with an outfielder that I don't recall at this time for controversial pitcher Jae Kuk Ryu (he got charged with animal cruelty after hitting an osprey while with the Cubs org.) I think he may be with the Double A team in Tennessee.

Brady Endl, lhp from Jefferson, Wis. - He was probably the most can't miss of all of the players at UW-Whitewater, big tall guy (Adam Dunn size) and not only excelled as a pitcher but also as a first baseman when he had his off days pitching. I think he led UWW in wins and homers his senior season. Last I heard from his former coach, Jim Miller, who also coached Bob Wickman, was that Endl suffered various injuries in his career and had to be shelved a few times. Someone in here told me that he retired? Is this true?

Travis VanZile, of from a place that I can't figure out - I never really knew this guy since he played a year before I covered the UWW baseball team, but I recall that he was drafted by the Diamondbacks in the middle rounds and later retired after suffering some injuries. I heard from my preceding sports editors that he had speed and was able steal a lot of bases.

Archived