Brewer Fanatic

Brewers have company

I am just waiting for a text message from my co-worker, who happens to text me after every game when the Cubs inch closer to the Brewers. Well, I guess this could be considered a good thing, there was no way we were going to hang on to first place all season long. Better now than in mid September when we need the wins more.

Im still of the opinion that the Cubs will eventually win this division because the Brewers are simply a cut below, but its still comical to listen to those guys over there celebrating like they're going to the World Series.

Im still of the opinion that the Cubs will eventually win this division because the Brewers are simply a cut below, but its still comical to listen to those guys over there celebrating like they're going to the World Series.

I saw you post this in another thread and I'm not sure I agree. The Brewers lineup is better, their bullpen is as good and the rotations aren't all that far apart. I've watched most of the Cubs games in the past month and they really are playing way over their heads. Teams are making tons of errors in their games, they are getting all the bounces like the wild pitches to win tonight etc. I dont' know what is going to happen in the last 2 months but I think regardless of what happens the Cubs and Brewers are two pretty evenly matched teams.

I saw you post this in another thread and I'm not sure I agree. The Brewers lineup is better, their bullpen is as good and the rotations aren't all that far apart. I've watched most of the Cubs games in the past month and they really are playing way over their heads. Teams are making tons of errors in their games, they are getting all the bounces like the wild pitches to win tonight etc. I dont' know what is going to happen in the last 2 months but I think regardless of what happens the Cubs and Brewers are two pretty evenly matched teams.

The Cubs underachieved for two months, and now they have just gotten done overachieving for two months. I have a feeling they'll even out somewhere close to where they are now. I also think that we've only seen the very beginning of this division race, and that the drama it will produce over the next two months will make for some of the most fun baseball has been in a long time.

i'm definitely hoping that this will be the fire that finally lights under the Brewers that they need to start playing like a division-winning team. it seems like after April they've been on cruise control as if they would hold the lead forever. there really needs to be some fight with this team and some players stepping up to make some big hits or throw some needed quality outings.

in a way, the Brewers almost deserve it the way they've been skating through the Central. it's the Cubs who have shown all the fight to crawl back. i think it's been time enough that we can say there's not a ton of time left in the season that we should be stepping up to show that we're a team to be feared again.

The biggest reason i fear the Cubs will win the division is we have shown no signs all year that we can stop melting down on the road,while the Cubs manage to play solid ball on the road.If continues to hold true,the only chance we have is to keep winning at a torrid pace at home and i question if we can keep winning here that often.

I'm certainly not of the belief that we are out of it,but if someone said i'll give you 5 grand if you properly predict who wins the NL Central,i'd have to pick the Cubs.I keep hearing that their pitching is overperforming,yet they've managed to pitched well all year except for early bullpen struggles which was a huge reason they started off bad.Soriano started off poorly in the power department which also hurt them early on and now he's back to hitting like he usually does,Lee also is shaking out of his early power drought.Zambrano was brutal the first two months and now is pitching like a true ace,while ours is watching games for likely at least another month.

I look at the Brewers and see more trending going in the reverse direction than the Cubs.Two months though is a long time for things to go either way,but it's not hard for me to see why Cubs fans are very confident and many Brewers fans are very concerned.

The biggest reason i fear the Cubs will win the division is we have shown no signs all year that we can stop melting down on the road,while the Cubs manage to play solid ball on the road.If continues to hold true,the only chance we have is to keep winning at a torrid pace at home and i question if we can keep winning here that often.
To be fair, I highly doubt the Brewers will continue their horribleness on the road. It really just doesn't seem mathematically possible for a team to be so good at home and be so bad on the road.

I look at the Brewers and see more trending going in the reverse direction than the Cubs.Two months though is a long time for things to go either way,but it's not hard for me to see why Cubs fans are very confident and many Brewers fans are very concerned.

Yeah -- I am 100% on board with this -- I think this speaks to the youth of our team, and the lack of veterans that aren't Menchish. While I can subscribe to hot/cold theories -- I don't think Soriano/Zambrano are going to play like they did early on, and on the other hand, I do not think Hardy/Villy/Weeks/Jenkins/Mench are going to produce anywhere near they did when we were 24-10. I really see the Brewers at best playing .500 ball to the end of the year.

The Cubs got Izturis out of their lineup, and man, God help us if they get another OF bat. With Sheets out for another month at least, and Yo and Parra getting shut down at some point, it makes me quite concerned to say the least.

To be fair, I highly doubt the Brewers will continue their horribleness on the road. It really just doesn't seem mathematically possible for a team to be so good at home and be so bad on the road.

It's been a 2-3 year trend for Ned's team. I suppose they could magically start playing better on the road. If anything, it seems that their

road woes are starting to come up at home.

Yeah -- It's a headscratcher for sure -- I don't know what it is, but just because we cannot mathematically ascertain a reason for this trend, does not mean a trend doesn't exist. It could be 4 years of dumb luck, or it could be due to data we cannot extract effectively.

"I think it's clear now that we are all going to die."

http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

Thanks Fike. That made my morning brighter.

I think the mood on Brewerfan today (at least in this post) is a healthy one. It's been a great year, and the Brewers are right in the thick of a pennant race in August. That doesn't suck.

Karl Ravitch(sp?) on BBTN just made a prediction that the Cubs will have the biggest lead in the NL by the end of the month.

Kruk also thought the Cubs were done a month ago. The BBTN predictions are like the Maddan or SI cover curses. It pretty much wraps up the division for us.http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Karl Ravitch(sp?) on BBTN just made a prediction that the Cubs will have the biggest lead in the NL by the end of the month.

Kruk also thought the Cubs were done a month ago. The BBTN predictions are like the Maddan or SI cover curses. It pretty much wraps up the division for us.http://static.yuku.com/v2//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

Don't forget back in April they also said the Pirates would be in first by the end of May.

Archived