Brewer Fanatic

6/8/2004 - Brewers(Sheets)@Angels(Escobar)/Cheese Sandwiches

JaNelson52

I blame Toby and his Menard's comment for Jinxing Ben......Booooooooh!

Good call... what were you thinking, Toby?

Boooooooooooo!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

~Bill

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else find themselves afraid to change what they were doing in some way because of Sheet's perfect game attempt?

I started listening to the radio broadcast while watching the FSN telecast in an attempt to hear Powell talk about the draft. In the sixth, I caught myself being worried to change over to the FSN audio....since I didn't want to break with what I've been doing because of how Sheets was pitching.

In retrospect, it's one of the more pathetic things I think I've done today. But if it had worked... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Ben Sheets is really, really good. Its getting lost in the bid for a perfect game and the offensive woes that he is absolutely dominating the Angels without his best stuff. His fastball isn't as quick as it can be, he's not striking guys out, and yet he's making the Angels look like... well... the Brewers.

The word that comes to mind is Ace.

~Bill

In retrospect, it's one of the more pathetic things I think I've done today. But if it had worked...

I was afraid to stop posting the 1-2-3/4-5-6/etc. lines. And I didn't turn on the radio broadcast even though I wanted to hear JP because I didn't want to jinx it.

Why do we do stuff like that? It's pretty stupid, and I *know* it's stupid, but I can't help myself.

I feel your pain.

Podsednik, on the other hand... well. Nevermind.

~Bill

Pathetic has a couple meanings.

a) Sad - affecting, commiserable, crummy, deplorable, distressing, feeble, heart-rending, heartbreaking, inadequate, lamentable, meager, melting, miserable, moving, paltry, petty, piteous, pitiable, pitiful, plaintive, poignant, poor, puny, rueful, sorry, tender, touching, useless, woeful, worthless, wretched

b) Hopeless - base, contemptible, degraded, dejected, deplorable, destitute, dishonorable, downtrodden, fawning, forlorn, groveling, hang dog, hopeless, humbling, humiliating, low, miserable, outcast, pathetic, pitiable, pitiful, servile, squalid, stark, submissive, underfoot, worthless, wretched

Pick your favorite.

~Bill

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I particularly like "wretched" and "hang dog" sounds pretty cool

"Pitiable" is starting to apply as well.

EDIT: "Poor" and "Inadequate" don't do our offense justice.

I think I'm gonna go with "hang dog" because that sounds so cool.

Archived