Brewer Fanatic

8/4/05 Brewers (Davis) vs. Mets (Benson) 11:10 AM CST

7rebmun
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
ned, if you tie the game, they have six outs, you have three, it does not make sense ned... it does not make sense

When you take a look at the suckfest that the Mets bullpen is, it makes perfect sense. If either one of those gusy gets a hit, you are tied and there is still a man on base.

It doesn't make sense to a second guesser such as yourself because it didn't work. Two on nobody out, and a stikout prone lefty coming up against a lefty, it was absolutely a good call.

Whine Whine Whine Whine Whine

Yost played for the tie, yes. Had it worked, we would have had a tie ballgame with the top of the order in the 9th. I think he made the right move. All of you second guessers wouldn't last a second trying to make the decisions that Yost has to make during the ballgame, I'm thankful he doesn't listen to your advise before making his decision.

"Yes, and if Moeller came through with a base hit right there (as hard as it would be to picture...) and Jenks scored, then everyone in here would be saying how great of a move Ned made. Sometimes things go your way and other times, they don't."

Nope. Called it as a bad call right away.

I congratulate our players for only losing by one (so far) in a game where their manager has made enough managing 101 errors that an entire remedial class could be based on it.

He set the batters up to fail or only get close.

He left his best relief pitchers in the pen.

He left a distraught, and possibly hurt pitcher in until he gave up seven walks and walked away the lead.

Congrats players... you are top notch. Hang in there. You have just played through Ned's lowest moment, and you almost won.

Julio Santana shouldn't even be in AAA....he should be pumping someone's gas somewhere in Latin America. He's the type of player that gets coaches fired. He's on the roster and so they feel compelled to throw him out there no matter how many games he blows. They're almost asking to lose when they throw this guy out there. I can't stand watching him pitch...thank God this game is not televised.

Quote:
Whine Whine Whine Whine Whine

Yost played for the tie, yes. Had it worked, we would have had a tie ballgame with the top of the order in the 9th. I think he made the right move. All of you second guessers wouldn't last a second trying to make the decisions that Yost has to make during the ballgame, I'm thankful he doesn't listen to your advise before making his decision.

We want to be winners, but we are just a bunch of whiners.

Ah no smartguy.......I for one was ******** before durro bunted. Its the WRONG MOVE. It was a waste. Ned blew it and that was apparent BEFORE the inning unfolded. He screwed up.

Santana is a fine reliever if not overworked. He's been overworked. He's a one inning guy. Thats it. Bottalico was similar. But they were worked everyday because the Brewers carried three one inning guys while having 3 long relief that never pitched.

if you tie the game, they have six outs, you have three, it does not make sense ned... it does not make sense

When you take a look at the suckfest that the Mets bullpen is, it makes perfect sense.

How much can I disagree. If we get the lead we have wise to come in... instead we get our ....fest - santana

I for one was ******** before durro bunted. Its the WRONG MOVE. It was a waste. Ned blew it and that was apparent BEFORE the inning unfolded. He screwed up.

It was absolutely the right move. 2nd and 3rd with only 1 out. A base hit generally scores both runners.

Play for the big inning and quite possibly no runs would have scored (depending on what the hitter in Durro's spot would have done).

Archived