Brewer Fanatic

8/4/05 Brewers (Davis) vs. Mets (Benson) 11:10 AM CST

7rebmun

I hope Lehr gets a plane ticket to Nashville ASAP.

Of course, Sharpie didn't impress, either today. Another offensive performance wasted - then again, given the way he's had six quality starts wince June 22 and NO WINS, I kinda feel that some sick, twisted, form of justice has been served.

A performance like this when Sharpie is on would be good enough for a win.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't figure out why Ned insists on pitching to guys that kill us. Piazza kills us, all the time, it never stops. Yet we'll constantly give him pitches to hit instead of working around him. I wish we'd just recognize a few players we can't seem to get out and work around that . . .

Meanwhile, I just found out its "Junior Manager Day". Some 6 year old is calling the shots from the clubhouse. He'd like to see Lehr go to C because he's got a good bat and Moeller could use the rest of the day off. He's also pondering pitching Durrington in the 8th, while subbing Branyan out for Eveland at 3B.

Doesn't he own us?

These days, that's a pretty common question. And the answer is usually yes.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Great job by Mr. Eveland to clean up the mess that Lehr got the team into. I'll say one thing about this youngster...he battles, has fire up his behind, and is a true gamer. He's a Yost type of guy....and he's not afraid to throw strikes. He's going to be a good one.

P.S. Why do we not hear anything about Hendrickson anymore? I know he's not killin' em at AAA, but has everyone given up on him? Last year he didn't show me anything, but I thought the organization would give him a long leash and be very tolerant of him as he progresses.

Archived