Brewer Fanatic

Brewerfan.net mentioned on ESPN News!

litesrn
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
To be honest, I don't care about advertising. All I really want is enough money to pay for the site and to purchase items for promotions. I've gotten lots of offers to advertise before, but i've turned the majority of them down. A lot of them are commission-based, and I don't feel like dealing with them.

I agree Brian. Another reason Bf.net is awesome is because half the page isn't devoted to ads like a lot of other sports sites.

I leave for vacation out of the country on Wednesday. I come back early Sunday morning to find the Brewers are 5-0, the Badgers won the Frozen Four, and Bf.net is mentioned on ESPN news. Am I still in PVR, Mexico dreaming? Oh, and as a side note, my girlfriend said yes and is now a fiance. What a week.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

You know what else was cool about that mention?

(besides the Badger hockey victory displayed throughout the clip as breaking news, which I noticed too, Madbad)

They didn't refer to the site as "Brewerfan.net, a fan site" or anything like that. Just 'Brewerfan.net.' Like everyone who's anyone knows about it already.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Sent it to you. None of my stuff gets anywhere near the traffic Brewerfan gets, so this will be a nice test to see how much bandwidth this can deal with. If it holds up well I don't have any problem hosting other videos as we receive them.

No kidding, it's 35.5 MB. FYI, I have a cable-modem and the download averaged about 80 KB/S. Thanks.

Hmmm, it should be a lot quicker then that. That probably took you what, 20 minutes to download? When I tried it from home it took me around 5 minutes. I'll try it from a friend's comp and see if it takes as long for them as it did for you.

[ What about having some of us spring once in awhile for a seat behind the plate and holding up a BF.NET sign? All they could do is tell you to put it down.. ]

Nah, I don't want to be a nuisance. If we make a sign that said "Brewerfan.net loves King George" when JDLR came in, or something to that effect, it might be a cool idea.

ill be 3 rows behind home plate on April 22nd for the Brewers/Reds game. I could make an iron-on on my computer that says Brewerfan.net and iron it on a cheap white fruit of the loom shirt. Its up to the Brewerfan.net owners if I can do this.

TJ

I'll chip in a few bucks for whomever wishes to paint Brewerfan.net on their chest. 50% less for on the face. Proceeds double if you get on tv.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Archived