Brewer Fanatic

Brewerfan.net mentioned on ESPN News!

litesrn

Imagine the intimidation factor this will give the softball team!

You need an iron-on patch for the jerseys:

"As seen on ESPNEWS"

Jamie, did you imagine anything like this when you signed on as PR mogul? They could be contacting you next.

And for heaven's sake, everyone, watch the spelling and grammar. ESPN could be reading!

Edit: I guess that would be "as mentioned on ESPNEWS."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone over at ESPN has been going through these threads. They must have read the one about how baseball tonight overlooks the Brewers, because there was a full 10 minutes of coverage at the beginning and end of the show. I'm impressed.

Jamie, did you imagine anything like this when you signed on as PR mogul?

No, I didn't. We've been talked about before, but not on such a grand scale. I'm just trying to figure out if that spot was slightly poking fun or not.

I had never even though of espn as an avenue of approach. However you look at the mention, it's awfully cool.

Imagine- one day Brian dicided to "start a small Brewers fan site" and now it's got it's own 1-2 times a week radio spot, Baseball America Mentions, Baseball Prospectus mentions, Jim Powell is a fan, the Journal Sentinel, and now a mention on a national sports news show.

Pretty overwhelming if you think about it.

Mostly deserving is all of you. The members make this site what it is, and what it may become.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow. Odd to think a thread I posted in was mentioned on ESPN news. Granted, the guy probably just looked at the title and ran with it, but still.......nice job everyone.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

What the heck? See, this is what happens when i work.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif Oh well, nice to see the ole BF.NET making the jump to expanded Cable. I wish they would have used a different thread(as that one was pretty much a joke). It will be interesting to see if the # of views per day/members joined jumps much in the near future.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

That was simply amazing. What was also pretty sweet in that clip, the whole time on the ticker at the bottom in reads "Wisconsin Wins Men's Ice Hockey Title." Just a great day all around.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Where's my magnet? I started this thread!!!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Just kidding - I was really excited to see all the BrewCrew coverage last night, especially right on the heels of the Badger hockey win!!

Do you have an FTP site anywhere that I can upload it to? It's about 37 megs.

No. I have a Putfile, but I think the max you can upload to that is 25 megs. Maybe I'll just rip the audio stream and put that up there, so that at least that will be intact if they do indeed pull it off YouTube.

[ How about trying to sell ad space on here, that would give you money for outside advertising. ]

To be honest, I don't care about advertising. All I really want is enough money to pay for the site and to purchase items for promotions. I've gotten lots of offers to advertise before, but i've turned the majority of them down. A lot of them are commission-based, and I don't feel like dealing with them.

For the most part, anyone who's a die-hard fan is already a lurker or a poster. If you Google pretty much anything Brewers-related, we're right there. I'm not after sheer quantities of people and hits... I want to attract the people who either are diehard fans or want to become them.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Given our non-existant revenue streams, I don't see that being a possibility... unless 13 of us want to streak across the field with each character of "brewerfan.net" painted on one of us.

Ah....no. It'd be all kinds of publicity, no doubt, but millions of viewers would be scarred for life.

Archived