Brewer Fanatic

Can Bill Hall Pitch?

LaprilOne
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god the Cheadle one is hilarious

In Bill Hall's younger days in the 1880s he was known as William H. Bonney. That's right, Billy the Kid. The most notorius gun-slinger around. At the age of 12 he killed a man for insulting his mother. In the late 1970s he did not change his name, but it evolved to Hall. Now at the age of 153 he reeks havoc on the National League. The bounty on his head is now over $200 million, but no one dares cash it in.

3TO Apostle

I put a lot of my favorites into a nice centralized format on my blog so you guys can read them easily...

Let me know if I shouldn't have put them up somewhere else and I'll take it down, otherwise keep coming up with more to add!

The Crew -- http://thecrewblog.blogspot.com/

edit: forgot the link http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Bill Hall doesn't get intentionally walked. He just tells the other team he's planning on stealing first base so they might as well save themselves from the ensuing embarrassment.

Bill Hall once broke up a perfect game with a 5-run homer while wearing the Italian Sausage costume.

I think there is more Bill Hall lore here than there is mythology in Greece. Past a certain point posting to this thread is just beating a dead horse.

Then again, one time Bill Hall resurrected a dead horse and taught it how to fight back. He then named the horse Secretariat.

A women living in the Rotten Oak trailer park in Kissyoursister Alabama saw Bill Hall's image in a grilled cheese sandwhich.

Ther is a 173 mile backup on SR 31 into Kissyoursister Alabama.

We didn't start the fire, Bill Hall did, and he's unapologetic.

Bill Hall ate just one, Bill Hall stopped once he popped. To date Bill Hall has successfully completed every potato chip challenge known to man.

People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wonder if Bill Hall likes fried or scrambled. ~Rogers Hornsby

When they start the game, they don't yell, "Work ball." They say, "Bill Hall." ~Willie Stargell, 1981

Back then, my idol was Bill Hall, because I saw a cartoon of him playing ball - you know, the one where he plays every position himself with nobody else on the field but him? Now that I think of it, Bill is still my idol. You have to love a ballplayer like that. ~Nomar Garciaparra

You don't save a pitcher for tomorrow. Tomorrow it may rain. ~Bill Hall, in New York Times, 16 May 1965

During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970........Bill Hall laughs at how non-productive the "mick" was.

Once, Bill Hall was out at dinner, and saw Chad Bradford didn't tip his waitress.

So he decided to hit a homerun off him. With a pink bat.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived