Brewer Fanatic

No love for Brewerfan.net....

Dragonbait

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I ran across that an hour ago. Our About Us page was being admired. No comment on my pic or hawing's pic, though.

This should probably be in Off Topic or Issues. I think I'll flip a coin. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Wow, I haven't checked there in 3 years. That place has a nasty troll infection.

Not surprising that they have nothing nice to say. I guess they have a beef with having an actual discussion.

I refuse to be offended by a group of people who don't wipe after sitting down in the can.

I knew there was a reason why I stopped going there. Of course, DieHOFDie only bothers to tell part of the story and leaves out the part about him saying "yeah, I broke the rules...whatcha gonna do about it?"

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I have never posted at those boards and never will. After coming here for a number of years I have been spoiled. Call me a snob, but I prefer intelligent, civilized discussion without stupid AOL speak and cursing. In other words, Brewerfan staff and mods: keep up the good work. And thanks.

I really don't like the message board vs. message board thing because each forum ought to be able to fill a niche. And to be fair, there is good discussion over there along with good long-time posters. But you have to wade through stuff about Prince being fat or stereotype posts about the commissioner's religion to find it.

The problem seems to be that mlb.com doesn't seem to have any real vision as to what it's boards should be 'about'. There's a picky cuss filter that's largely ignored by the moderators, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what gets deleted and what's allowed to stay. You'll scratch your head because a thread is deleted, yet another thread with a big fat all-caps cuss word in the title is allowed to sit for days.

If they did this right, mlb.com could brag up the fact that its format is unique to the message board community. Instead of Brewers discussion on the Brewers board and Pirates discussion on the Pirates board, it's Brewer fans talking baseball, Pirates fans talking baseball, etc. There's a lot of potential to be able to talk baseball from the points of view of 30 different 'communities'.

I see Brian gets over there for a few posts every week. I'd jump in a little more often, but it's gotten to the point where their login takes 4 minutes on a dial-up account.

Here's to hoping that mlb.com gets its act together. There's a lot of potential. Right now, it's an embarrassment to Major League Baseball and its teams. I know that if I were a Brewer employee rather than a peon participant, I'd be embarrassed.

I guess I should now take a minute to see what Brian had to say. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Hey, I can bench press more than 60 lbs. Maybe you should make me a mod so I can bring your averages up http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Edit: Seriously though, as one of the newer members on this site (and not trying to suck up to the mods), I very much appreciate the way things are run around here. Intelligent conversation is hard enough to find. Intelligent, civilized conversation about baseball in an online forum is even harder. Just wanted to thanks to everyone who keeps this site going and I hope that Ethan doesn't ban me because I wasn't on that girl's list in her last post http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived