Brewer Fanatic

04/14/04 Milwaukee (Obermueller) @ San Francisco (Franklin)

squarepusher
Yost seems to be the right man for the job to me right now, and by the time this team is ready to compete his ways may change a lot. I am sure if he had better players it would be easier to justify some moves to the bullpen earlier or allowing the tying run to get on base because the offense will be able to pick up the pitcher if he can't get out of the inning.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yost is still learning how to manage. I think he is the best guy for the job in Milwaukee and hopefully he will be around for a while longer. I'd much rather have him make the wrong decisions this year and learn from them than make them someday when we really have a chance to compete for the post season. I think by walking Bonds today, he is already proving that he is learning something.

rlu,

Not only was the game situation different, different pitchers were involved. Kinney has had a full year in MLB, is out of options and has had his mental toughness questioned in the past. If he doesn't cut it, he would have to be released or exposed to waivers so he needs to be tested.

Wes O. took up pitching late, has options left and the mental side of his game hasn't been questioned. Bennett's a young rule 5 guy. At this point these guys need positive confidence building experiences.

I would think Sheets, Davis and Kinney need to be tested this year and Capuano and Obie handled differently.

Do you really want a one size fits all handling of situations regardless of game situation and players involved? Through the whole devasted Spivey quote thing you demonstrated a certain lack of flexibility and adaptability in your thinking so I guess I understand where this is coming from.

Archived