Brewer Fanatic

04/14/04 Milwaukee (Obermueller) @ San Francisco (Franklin)

squarepusher
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You are wrong.....

In today's lineup Ginter is batting 5th and Helms 6th.

Ginter is playing 3rd and Helms 1st.

You have it the other way in your lineup."

Because Ginter actually replaces Overbay today. Helms stays in the same #6 spot, even though he moves to 1B. The point was that the batting order hasn't changed all season, just sometimes different players make up the order.

Capuano seemed to have a good ratio, too. He got ripped off by the umps a few times, though. Grissom should have ben out on strikes on one of those homers.

The Crew got a good performance form Capuano, and Wes Obermueller is doing REAL GOOD (look at the box score on Yahoo, folks).

Wes is just dominating. If he keeps it up, the bullpen could be rested for the Houston series.

Still, I might pull him if the crew doesn't tack on a couple of runs by the end of the 7th - the Crew needs a win. 60 pitches through five innings, 41 of them are strikes.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I like 9 pitch innings. Keep it up, Wes.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

rluzinski

The way Wes is pitching (69 pitches through six innings), if I were the Giants, I would intentionally walk Bennett, and make Yost choose between a good chance to add insurance runs, OR keeping Obermueller in. Obermueller is on, but two runs can be made up if the Giants get lucky.

If there are runners on base, Barry Bonds will pinch-hit.

EDIT: Bennett walks... will there be a pinch-hitter?

I just started to grumble to myself that Yost didn't pinch hit for Obermueller. Then I remembered he can hit a bit... as I was looking up his not-bad hitting stats he get's an RBI.

Go Wes Go! Sure like a 3 run lead ALOT more than 2.

They're hoping Wayne could be a LOOGY in this case...

SBC Park is NOT Miller Park, and it is one where giving up fly balls doesn't hurt a pitcher as much...

EDIT: And Wayne Franklin retires Podsendik to end the threat.

EDIT 2:

What's the deal? Are they pulling a double-switch? Wes hasn't thrown that many pitches, and the Crew may need the bullpen against the Astros...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Anybody have an idea how hard Obie is throwing?

EDIT: crap, walk and cheap blooper

I really hope Obie's on a 80 pitch limit. I don't like taking him out of the game with two down.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived