Brewer Fanatic

04/14/04 Milwaukee (Obermueller) @ San Francisco (Franklin)

squarepusher

The Brewers look to avoid the series sweep as Obermueller takes the mound, against former Brewer Wayne Franklin.

Brewerfan.net / Statfox matchup info:

www.brewerfan.net/matchup.jsp

MLB.com game preview:

milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mil/news/mil_news.jsp?ymd=20040414&content_id=709455&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp

ESPN game preview:

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=240414126

Fox Sports game preview:

www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2318622

Fox Sports gametrax:

www.foxsports.com/named/FS/MLB/gameTrax?gameId=240414126

Yahoo game preview:

sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=240414126

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hard to call a game a "must win" this early in the season, but let's face it - If we don't win this game today, we may never see the sunny side of .500 the rest of the season. Especially with a four game set against Houston's staff on the horizon! At least we will miss out on Wade Miller.

I agree madtown. In fact, I think every game this season is critical for the fragile morale of this team, moreso than ever. Yes, I know they have "winning personalities", but they are manically winning personalities and will be be manically depressive once they drop a few significant games in a row, no matter how early it is.

I have this feeling that if or if Wes doesn't get hit hard tonight will be an indicator of the remainder of this season.

Actually, statistically he is worse.

5-11, 5.93 ERA in 135 major league innings, mostly with the Angels. He is 29 years old.

Did throw 6 plus shutout innings at AAA this year. He is the 10th righthander in a row to start vs. Brewers. Will be interesting to see who is in the lineup.

Here is what TSN says about him

Assets: Cooper has two solid major-league-caliber pitches, with a 90-plus mph fastball, and a biting slider that is a benefit when spotted well. His mechanics continue to improve.

Flaws: Mental toughness is Cooper's biggest question mark. His stubbornness often gets in the way of his making the proper pitch for a situation. And it still remains to be seen if he'll ever grow his confidence enough to really go after hitters, especially the big boppers, whom he has traditionally pitched around.

I like that starting lineup, I suggested the exact same one last night, except I had Hall in for Counsell (I was projecting a lefty starting against us). Lets hope that Overbay can come back tomorrow the way that Spivey has when he was sat down for a day.

Ahh, I don't think the batting order is switched around at all. Our batting order is

1. CF

2. SS

3. 2b

4. LF

5. 1b

6. 3b

7. RF

8. C

You can stick the names wherever you want, but that right there is our set batting order, for the season.

Does anyone know or has it been mentioned how comfortible Helms is at first base? I didn't hear much about it this spring and being from the west coast I don't see many news articles. I am kinda glad that they gave Lyle a day off.

Anyway, this lineup looks like all-stars. It is ok with me. Hopefully Jenks will get some good looks with a little protection behind him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Leadoff walk....now don't go getting picked off.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

HR Jenkins!!!

Where was that last night...and the night before

Ginter singles

Helms Fielders choice - Ginter out

Clark Singles - Helms to third

Bennett Singles - Helms scores - Clark to second

Obermueller sacrifices - Bennet to second, Clark to third

Pods flies out

Brewers 2 Giants 0 After 1 1/2

Feliz Struck out

Pierzynski Grounded out to third

Tucker grounded out to second

Brewers 2 Giants 0 After 2

Counsell Grounds to SS

Spivey fouled out to 3rd

Jenkins lined out to right

Brewers 2 Giants 0 After 2 1/2

Mohr flied to Left

Ransom flied to Center

Cooper struck out

Brewers 2 Giants 0 After 3

Ginter grounded to third

Helms struck out

Clark flied to center

Brewers 2 Giants 0 After 3 1/2

Perez lined out to center

Snow flied to center

Grissom infield single to third Crap

Feliz singled to right - Grissom to second

Pierzynski grounded out to first

Brewers 2 Giants 0 After 4

Bennett lined out to left

Obermueller flied out to center

Pods grounded to first

Brewers 2 Giants 0 After 4 1/2

Tucker struck out

Mohr grounded to shortstop

Ransom flied out to center

Brewers 2 Giants 0 After 5

Sorry, but I gotta go now. Keep it up Obey!!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
2-0 Crew after one and a half.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived