Brewer Fanatic

jeremy Jeffress on fire

crackley

i was not impressed at all last year with his small sample size. i wasnt too worried though because from what little i know about the minor league process, the league he was in is more worried about personal improvement in terms of velocity, location, etc than stats.

I just checked his stats (i must have missed the last 2 games he pitched) and hes had 3 games started in a row without allowing a run.

Heres his stats.

web.minorleaguebaseball.c...pid=502026

sorry i dont know how to hotlink it.

anyways, these numbers make me very excited. although its a small sample size, it looks like there is a possibility to have 3 #1 caliber pitchers come up 3 years in a row. (barring injuries of course) Yes, i know im hopeful, jumping the gun, not taking into account the other pitchers we have had that dominated down there, etc.

lets just hope that our organization finally starts making these minor league phenoms into major league success stories.

ya, that differential it pretty amazing. Kat, even with his BB's is jeffress dominating the batters down there? does it look like hes simply a man amongst boys? his small sample size of his stats seem to indicate that. or has he just had a few great starts in a row? id like to hear any more information or even your opinions on him. all i ever get to see from any of these guys are their box scores.

i only got to watch his debut...but the differential is for real...i think the control issues will continue, but its not for lack of trying on his part...he really looks like pitcher..i was wholly impressed, and honestly suprised at how good he looked....

I just looked at his stats and was a bit surprised that he only has 14 K's in 18.2 innings. I know that isn't bad but I guess I would have thought a high 90's fastball and a low 70's breaking ball in A ball would net more, especially since his ERA indicates he is dominating. Do I have unrealistic expectations?

It may simply be that they're trying to cultivate a third pitch (or even further develop his breaking ball if that seems to be his K pitch). Lower level minor league numbers are less indicative of success than simply seeing him dominate his older peers.

Another great start by Jeffress the other day. Last year, I was skeptical but now I am starting to get excited about this kid!

I like how Jeffress has not gone any longer than 5 innings in a game. It's good to see the Brewers being smart with the young guys.

The farm system is starting to look pretty stocked again now that all our top prospects from a few years ago have reached the majors.

he told me he was on an 80 pitch limit, so the fact that he is making 5 innings over and over is a great sign...if he were allowed to go 100-110, he could probably make it 7 or 8...very good signs

Quote:
he told me he was on an 80 pitch limit, so the fact that he is making 5 innings over and over is a great sign...if he were allowed to go 100-110, he could probably make it 7 or 8...very good signs

That is great to hear. I have a question though. I bet most of the young guys at that level are on pitch limits. wouldn't that mean the bullpen would end up getting way overworked? How does that all shake out?

a lot of the bullpen guys were/are starters and are plenty strectched out to get innings...remember, in the low minors, the org is way more interested in the guys throwing than the team winning..

Archived