Brewer Fanatic

04/15/04 Milwaukee (Sheets) @ Houston (Redding)

squarepusher

RoCo - I noticed the same thing - right away when he started with us in 2001. He always bent his back, backwards, as if he just got out of the car after a 15 hour road trip.

By the way, sportsline says Ben left with Elbow injury. The radio is saying back stiffness....and Mark Prior only has a sore achilles....take it for what it is worth from Brewer management

This is getting further off topic but did you see where Weathers went to college? Motlow (Tenn). You don't suppose that school is named after Lem Motlow, the proprietor(?) of Jack Daniels Tenn. Whiskey, do you? I wonder what they could've studied there...distilling?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

"Its scarry to see someone his age with these problems already..."

Actually it isn't that rare. I just had to have 3 disks removed from my back (several months ago) and I was only 19. Active young adults actually have a decent number of back problems. It isn't like breaking a hip or anything.

That being said, anyone that has ever had serious back problems can feel Ben's pain. The back is so vital to every movement, that medium levels of pain can seriously hamper daily activities. I have thought about this a lot since Ben first started complaining of back trouble his rookie year... If at any given moment Ben's back is sore, the chances are really good that he would have to make at least minor adjustments in his delivery. At the very least it would be a huge distraction on the mound.

Maybe the can give him the Brett Favre treatment before every game, and he can turn into the ace we all want him to behttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Hey, it worked for Favre, some of his best seasons were his drug years!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

You don't suppose that school is named after Lem Motlow, the proprietor(?) of Jack Daniels Tenn. Whiskey, do you?

The 187 acre site for the college was donated by the Motlow family of Lynchburg, Tennessee. Because of this generous gift and because of Senator Reagor Motlow's contributions to education in Tennessee, Governor Buford Ellington and Commissioner of Education, J. Howard Warf, recommended that the college be named Motlow State Community College

Archived